Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus Micro Four Thirds (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/)
-   -   E-PL1 goes to the Sandwich Xmas Festival (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/e-pl1-goes-sandwich-xmas-festival-180924/)

zig-123 Dec 4, 2010 8:56 AM

E-PL1 goes to the Sandwich Xmas Festival

1 Attachment(s)
Our Town of Sandwich kicked off the Christmas season with the lighting of the Town tree and a singalong with the Sandwich Choral. The scene was straight out of a Norman Rockwell painting with kids dressed in Christmas garb and families-young and old all singing along.

The only problem was that no one thought to put up a few lights in order to see the musicians and singers atop the church steps. These folks must have practiced quite a bit to get ready for the event. It would have been nice to see their faces as well as their outfits.

The good news is that the E-PL1 with the 12-60mm lens was able to capture a few shots of the event. This one of them, shot in auto mode, no flash.

I did clean up a little noise in ACR6.2

Zig

Steven R Dec 4, 2010 10:46 AM

That is a classic scene, zig. You are right - that has a definite Norman Rockwell look.

Wizzard0003 Dec 4, 2010 11:48 AM

Looks good, Zig...! :)

Greg Chappell Dec 4, 2010 11:17 PM

Excellent holiday shot, Zig!

zig-123 Dec 5, 2010 7:42 AM

Good morning all,

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.

Zig

cshanaberger Dec 5, 2010 9:15 AM

great shot Zig, I like the different color temps of the light.

Charles

boBBrennan Dec 5, 2010 10:01 AM

....this is a very nice holiday scene and photo of it Zig.
____
boBB

Tullio Dec 6, 2010 10:52 AM

Nice capture, Zig. You did do quite a bit of clean up. The image almost looks like a bit too smooth. How high was the ISO?

zig-123 Dec 6, 2010 4:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tullio (Post 1175157)
Nice capture, Zig. You did do quite a bit of clean up. The image almost looks like a bit too smooth. How high was the ISO?

Hi Tullio,

I believe the ISO on the image in question was ISO1600. I say that because I didn't save the original file as an original.

Here is another in the series of shots that I took. This one is indeed an original without post processing. It was shot at ISO 1600 and is straight out of the camera. The only adjustments made were to cropping and reducing dpi to accommodate the web. You can see how dark the image was as it came out of the camera. I did do a bit of work to the 1st image to be able to get it into it's finished state. I may have been too heavy handed in the noise reduction and causing a loss of resolution.

Zig

Tullio Dec 6, 2010 4:27 PM

The first image is certainly better both in terms of exposure and composition. The camera took too much light from the right side of the bldg, under exposing everything else. Perhaps you should try to balance the exposure and lock it before recomposing. But, then ISO would go much higher.