Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus Micro Four Thirds (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/)
-   -   E-PL2 Price ( Canada ) (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/e-pl2-price-canada-196137/)

FredS Feb 10, 2012 2:34 PM

E-PL2 Price ( Canada )
 
The E-pl2 is in my price range
It is VERY tempting now Very tempting
http://www.mcbaincamera.com/productd...n_id=0250412.1

James Emory Feb 10, 2012 2:55 PM

I'd find out if this comes with the 14-42II lens. They show it as the 14-42, not II. The older model lens is slower to focus among other things. None the less, a good buy even if it doesn't come with the latest lens, and a great buy if it does. That and the fact that black E-PL2s are difficult to find.

folob Feb 10, 2012 5:32 PM

I bought mine for that price last October and it came with the new 14-42 ... It is bundle together by Olympus...

However, it is for sale with the VF-3 for $500 .... anybody interested :) ????

James Emory Feb 10, 2012 5:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by folob (Post 1284114)
I bought mine for that price last October and it came with the new 14-42 ... It is bundle together by Olympus...

However, it is for sale with the VF-3 for $500 .... anybody interested :) ????

Looked at a little of your portfolio, you have some real nice shots there.

FredS Feb 10, 2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Emory (Post 1284077)
I'd find out if this comes with the 14-42II lens. They show it as the 14-42, not II. The older model lens is slower to focus among other things. None the less, a good buy even if it doesn't come with the latest lens, and a great buy if it does. That and the fact that black E-PL2s are difficult to find.

Thanks for the Heads up James
It is the 14-42, not 14-42 II

ramcewan Feb 10, 2012 10:47 PM

I just picked up a black refurbished one with the II 14-42mm lens for $379 here in the states at buydig.com... seems to be sold out now though...

saw this deal for a body only ..

http://www.compuvest.com/Desc.jsp?iid=1735189

the 14-42mm II's pop up on ebay from time to time for around $100

not sure how that translates to Canadian prices...

but anyways I would hold out a little longer prices on the e-pl2's have jumped .. they were being sold at a couple of places new for $449~$429 last week and now it is hard to find one under $499

ramcewan Feb 10, 2012 11:01 PM

p.s. the other thing I would say is to call mcbain ... who knows if it is just a bad stock photo. no where in the listing does it say which lens comes with it.. I can't imagine that they're pulling apart the kit and switching lens and selling it as new or that olympus is shipping the kit with the old lens? it's worth a phone call cause it could be just the picture has the old lens on it

folob Feb 11, 2012 9:17 AM

Portfolio
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by James Emory (Post 1284115)
Looked at a little of your portfolio, you have some real nice shots there.

Thanks for the nice comment :). There s all kind of shots there ... But I might have to do some clean-up ...

folob Feb 11, 2012 9:19 AM

14-42 Mark II
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ramcewan (Post 1284139)
p.s. the other thing I would say is to call mcbain ... who knows if it is just a bad stock photo. no where in the listing does it say which lens comes with it.. I can't imagine that they're pulling apart the kit and switching lens and selling it as new or that olympus is shipping the kit with the old lens? it's worth a phone call cause it could be just the picture has the old lens on it

The kit I bought came directly from Olympus ... so lens manipulation. I can't check the lens right now since the camera is in the hands of a prospect buyer...

James Emory Feb 11, 2012 9:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by folob (Post 1284181)
The kit I bought came directly from Olympus ... so lens manipulation. I can't check the lens right now since the camera is in the hands of a prospect buyer...

Ohhhhhhhhhh, maybe a new OM-D in your future.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 7:45 AM.