Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus Micro Four Thirds (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/)
-   -   The Elmsley Building (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/elmsley-building-209935/)

MarceloLI Feb 2, 2014 9:32 PM

The Elmsley Building
 
NYC was busy last week because the Super Bowl and they changed the color lightning of some buildings:

1.

http://marcelobarrera.zenfolio.com/i...73242223-5.jpg

2.

http://marcelobarrera.zenfolio.com/i...64589879-5.jpg

3.

http://marcelobarrera.zenfolio.com/i...16922260-5.jpg

4.

http://marcelobarrera.zenfolio.com/i...27951479-5.jpg

Have a great week everyone.

Marcelo

chiPersei Feb 3, 2014 12:03 AM

I said it once before and I'll say it again. Wow! Amazing color and detail. What's the name of the subject building? Always loved night scenes and these are great.

James Emory Feb 3, 2014 2:36 PM

Really nice color and ingenuity in lighting those buildings to produce the effects.

chiPersei Feb 3, 2014 2:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiPersei (Post 1367404)
What's the name of the subject building?

I found the Helmsley building on street view. Was thinking there would be a building opposite from which photos #3 and 4 were taken. Not so. Perspective correction? Helicopter?

MarceloLI Feb 3, 2014 7:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiPersei (Post 1367404)
I said it once before and I'll say it again. Wow! Amazing color and detail. What's the name of the subject building? Always loved night scenes and these are great.

Thank you so much, it is the Helmsley Building, (I made a mistake on the subject... sorry).

I really love my Olympus set up for night scenes, it is so light and easy too carry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Emory (Post 1367448)
Really nice color and ingenuity in lighting those buildings to produce the effects.

Thank you James, it is the firs time I see this building with this changing lights, it is a nice subject to photograph.

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiPersei (Post 1367453)
I found the Helmsley building on street view. Was thinking there would be a building opposite from which photos #3 and 4 were taken. Not so. Perspective correction? Helicopter?

It is the Helmsley Building, (sorry about my typo) and behind it is the MetLife Building.

Steven R Feb 3, 2014 7:46 PM

I'l keep saying what the others have said. And everytime that I see your posts of night shots of NYC, I keep thinking that they are perfect travel magazine shots.

MarceloLI Feb 4, 2014 6:22 PM

Thank you so much Steven for the nice comments.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 3:19 PM.