Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums >

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Feb 26, 2018, 9:24 AM   #1

Default A Few Recent Images

A little slow around here these days, so just thought I'd throw out a few recent images as I play around with DXO Photo Lab some more with my E-M1 Mark II and work out how to use the local adjustments tool, which is similar to the same tools in Adobe Camera raw, but different enough you have to pay attention to what's going on each step.

After a trial period, I also purchased the Filmpack 5 piece from DXO for black & white conversions.

This is a B&W conversion using the Ilford FP-4 simulation, captured with the 12-40mm f2.8 this past weekend..

I've been waffling back & forth between using the 12-40 and 40-150mm f2.8 combination and the 12-100mm f4 M. Zuiko's.

A couple from the 12-100, here's Poppy again, Katherine's little 6 month-old, lit with the Olympus FL900R flash, bounced using the Demb bounce attachment.

and a couple of close-ups from the Arboretum, highlighting the 12-100's versatility/close-focusing abilities...

To be honest, the 12-100, 7-14mm f2.8 and 25mm f1.2 is probably my most practical outfit from a weight vs. capabilities standpoint. A vast majority of the time that I use the 40-150mm f2.8, it's between 40-100mm, and the 40-150/2.8 is a load to carry with the 12-40 compared to the 12-100, but the 12-40mm f2.8 is so good and feels downright light after a few days using the 12-100 on the E-M1 Mark II and the 40-150 can take the 1.4x TC when I do need the longer reach.

Tough "problem" to have, LOL...

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Feb 26, 2018 at 9:26 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 27, 2018, 8:53 AM   #2

"Tough "problem" to have, LOL..."

You've so many tough problems, but ya 'Leica' them all and always find solutions. I love the B&W conversion; I use NIK off Aftershot PRO3 for when I do.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote