Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus Micro Four Thirds (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/)
-   -   Mario (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/mario-208930/)

SammyKhalifa Nov 18, 2013 7:34 PM

Mario
 
Mario Lemieux is one of the top two or three hockey players of all time: after his career, he purchased the team keeping them from moving out of town. Yeah, he's pretty popular in these parts.

I didn't think much this when I took it, basically just snapping it off and forgetting about it for a month or two. I ran across it in my library looking for something else and thought it might be fun to try a little B&W processing on it.

http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3746/1...8c94b40f_b.jpg

(f/1.8 1/80sec ISO 800 on EPL2 and oly45)

Greg Chappell Nov 18, 2013 7:37 PM

Beautiful statue, and I like what you did with it too. The shadows make for a very powerful image.

SammyKhalifa Nov 18, 2013 7:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Chappell (Post 1362054)
Beautiful statue, and I like what you did with it too. The shadows make for a very powerful image.


It's an interesting statue--basically a recreation of a goal he had splitting two defensemen in a playoff game.

http://bloguin.com/puckdrunklove/ima...ieuxStatue.jpg

(not my picture, just a little perspective.) I had been trying to find an angle that does the entire thing justice, but just hadn't found it. Also, it was night and the people I was with were tired of waiting, heh.

drew881 Nov 18, 2013 8:45 PM

Great picture, but I hate the statue...It is a cool goal, but the concept for statue just didn't come out well. I'd rather have the two defenders represented in some abstract form, or not as detailed as Mario. And I really don't like the cheesy lights they put around it.

But that is just the beginning of my rant on Consol Arena.

SammyKhalifa Nov 18, 2013 8:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drew881 (Post 1362059)
Great picture, but I hate the statue...It is a cool goal, but the concept for statue just didn't come out well. I'd rather have the two defenders represented in some abstract form, or not as detailed as Mario. And I really don't like the cheesy lights they put around it.

But that is just the beginning of my rant on Consol Arena.

Haha, I don't think the arena's that great either . . . I could go either way on the statue. The lights were an issue and it's how I arrived at this specific crop.

Greg Chappell Nov 18, 2013 11:42 PM

The American Airlines Center here in Dallas that replaced Reunion Arena is very sterile. Not a great place to see a concert as the acoustics suck, the noise the crowd could generate at Reunion was incredible and the upper deck in the American Airlines Center is probably not all the far from the equivalent of sitting on the roof at Reunion Arena it's so high, especially in the very top, all in the name of luxury suites and a very expensive club mid-level.

James Emory Nov 19, 2013 10:21 AM

Nice shot Sammy, the other two players must be Nickolas Lidstrom and Gordy Howe.

drew881 Nov 19, 2013 2:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg Chappell (Post 1362072)
The American Airlines Center here in Dallas that replaced Reunion Arena is very sterile. Not a great place to see a concert as the acoustics suck, the noise the crowd could generate at Reunion was incredible and the upper deck in the American Airlines Center is probably not all the far from the equivalent of sitting on the roof at Reunion Arena it's so high, especially in the very top, all in the name of luxury suites and a very expensive club mid-level.

This is exactly the problem with Consol.

boBBrennan Nov 19, 2013 6:03 PM

.....I would rather go sky diving than to the TOP round at the AAC in Dallas and the thought of jumping or falling from a plane scares me, pretty much the same with AAC.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:43 PM.