Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus Micro Four Thirds (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/)
-   -   Welllllllllll.... (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/welllllllllll-180113/)

gjtoth Nov 16, 2010 10:39 AM

Welllllllllll....

I officially become a E-P1 owner on Friday. The price at Adorama was just too good to resist. Believe me... it was a real battle to try and resist. I lost. Well... in a way. :rolleyes:

BTW, thanks for your help Helen! Helen was VERY instrumental in the purchase. We are blessed to have her as a forum member.

Hards80 Nov 16, 2010 12:26 PM

Congratulations Gary!

i think you will find much to love about the EP1. My EPL1 has become my most used camera since I have bought it :)

look forward to some shots.

boBBrennan Nov 16, 2010 12:48 PM

....good for you Gary!

I am still winning the 'resist' battle but maybe not for very long. I only need to again find opportunity to be out of doors more and the E-PL1 will win the joust I am sure.

I'm anxious to see some E-P1 photos and did you get an adapter for the 70-300?

HelenOster Nov 16, 2010 1:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gjtoth (Post 1166960)

BTW, thanks for your help Helen! Helen was VERY instrumental in the purchase. We are blessed to have her as a forum member.

You are most welcome - and you know where I am if you ever need help with anything in the future;)

gjtoth Nov 16, 2010 1:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boBBrennan (Post 1166998)
....good for you Gary!

I am still winning the 'resist' battle but maybe not for very long. I only need to again find opportunity to be out of doors more and the E-PL1 will win the joust I am sure.

I'm anxious to see some E-P1 photos and did you get an adapter for the 70-300?

I have to "cool it" for a spell, Bob. Mama don't get mad often and this was kinda pushin' it. :dontknow: :D But, you can bet I'll be checking the prices! ;)

gjtoth Nov 16, 2010 1:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hards80 (Post 1166996)
Congratulations Gary!

i think you will find much to love about the EP1. My EPL1 has become my most used camera since I have bought it :)

look forward to some shots.

Well, I got the E-P1 not the E-PL1 but, I'm sure I'm going to enjoy it as much as everyone else seems to be enjoying their PENs :)

shoturtle Nov 16, 2010 2:19 PM

Congrats and welcome to m4/3 get the adopter and all your e620 lenses will work on it.

Steven R Nov 16, 2010 2:25 PM

Et tu Brute? It looks like us holdouts from buying a Pen keep decreasing in number.

Anyway Gary, since you didn't get it for free, I'll be glad to buy your 18-180 at a cheap price so you can replenish your cash reserves to pay some m4/3 lenses. LOL!

gjtoth Nov 16, 2010 3:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steven R (Post 1167017)
Et tu Brute? It looks like us holdouts from buying a Pen keep decreasing in number.

Anyway Gary, since you didn't get it for free, I'll be glad to buy your 18-180 at a cheap price so you can replenish your cash reserves to pay some m4/3 lenses. LOL!

Thanks but no thanks, Steve. I'm hanging onto the E-620 and associated gear. ESPECIALLY that lens! I *might* part with my FL-36R, though.

zig-123 Nov 16, 2010 5:51 PM

Good for you, Gary.
I will be looking forward to your posts and getting your thoughts on the EP-1.

I really haven't had a chance to post a lot of pics as yet. But, I can tell you that of the few that I've done, this little camera is most impressive and way loads of fun to use.

Zig