Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:10 AM   #41

Thanks shoturtle.
mrmacmusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 10:41 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Update on my macro lens, got the tracking info.

adapter will be here friday, lens will arrive money.
Exciting! I'm looking forward to reading your impressions and seeing some samples of the combo.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 11:18 AM   #43

to my surprise usps just delivered my lens, now I am waiting on the adapter.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 3:22 PM   #44

Oly got back to me and sent me a link to a stand alone firmware updater. And it finds the camera and lens. Also, form what the tech is telling me the EPL-1 lens do not need to be updated to the firmware that the ep1 and ep2 lens recommend. As the lens on the EPL-1 is a new lens with a L designation. So he will double check and get back to me.

I must say Oly is one of the best customer support company in the camera biz. Get return calls when they said they will. And will go through all my question.

Also they said the stand alone updater will do panny lenses attach to the pen's body.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:20 PM   #45

shoturtle, i must agree with you on olympus service, i have not had to deal with them much as thier products are durable to begin with, but when i have had to contact customer service, my issues were dealt with immediately & faster than i could have imagined. this is why i have stuck it out with olympus since purchasing my e-500 several years ago. just makes me wonder how good their global pro service is.
charles.
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:33 PM   #46

I have dealt with Oly in the US and Germany. Both are top notch in my books.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 6:52 PM   #47

Okay, the ep1/2 cable release will not work on the epl-1 right now, olympus RM-UC1. I spoke with the tech support. And they said they will let their developers know about this and see if they will have a firmware update to resolve it.

Last edited by shoturtle; Mar 3, 2010 at 6:56 PM.
shoturtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:10 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Okay, the ep1/2 cable release will not work on the epl-1 right now, olympus RM-UC1. I spoke with the tech support. And they said they will let their developers know about this and see if they will have a firmware update to resolve it.
What amazes me is that this should be caught by their QA department and fixed by development before releasing the unit. This type of incompatibility is unacceptable IMO. Sure they may fix it but the thing is, right now it does not work and you had to take the time to call Olympus and report the problem. Who knows when they will decide to release a F/W update (and hopefully provide a fix). Incredible!

Tullio
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:17 PM   #49

I notice that it was not listed as one of the accessory. Guess they wanted to push this out to market asap. Good thing I did not get a cable release yet. But thus far their tech support has been a pleasure to deal with. So hopefully their developer will heed my suggestion. And get it a firmware out to resolve the issue.

I was not to concern that their editor software did not function correctly for firmware update. As I use aperture. It was cool that they have a stand alone updater program. Take us way less room on my computer. But they are working on resolving the issue with master 2 and the new Ib software.
Old Mar 3, 2010, 7:20 PM   #50

Again, too many issues that should have been resolved prior to the release of the new camera.

Tullio