Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:16 AM   #11

Just try to give hards a different prospective on this. So it would not seem as bad.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:16 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
Tullio,

The 20mm 1.7 is new for about 350 at bh and j and r.
Yes, it was a tough decision. I could only buy the EPL1 or the 20mm. Even though the 20mm is a great little lens, I think I'd make more use of the EPL1. Now I'll have to save the money for the 20mm. Unless of course, the EPL1 is in bad shape and Amazon does not have any other one in the warehouse stock.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:20 AM   #13

I am loving that little lens, it is just great for low light shooting. The current price is almost what I paid for mine.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:38 AM   #14

Hope the epl-1 works out for ya Tullio, I really like mine, although been busy with portraits haven't had the time to take it out & shoot as much as I would like.
Charles
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:39 AM   #15

I bought the same kit for $450 in Fry's Electronics, brand new, sealed box. Very happy with the photos out of it, but wish better video. Sometimes the lens does not focus well and results into non-focused photos, but it is very convenient, really easy to carry around and fits 90% ordinary tasks.
sdcs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 2:41 AM   #16
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
You may have paid more Dustin, but you have enjoyed your camera for some time now and I'm sure it has justified the cost!
yea that is true Tulio. I have got more than my money's worth so far. Its a great little cam, you will enjoy.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 8:00 AM   #17

Congrats on getting the E-PL1. At a pretty fair price too.
Well done and enjoy

I'm holding off making any buying decisions until after Photokina. Want to see if Olympus actually releases anything worth chasing after.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:35 PM   #18

Thank you all. I should get it tomorrow (2-day Prime shipping)...I hope it will be in perfect condition.

Shoturtle, the 20mm is a great little lens and I will eventually buy me one.

Zig, even though waiting for Photokina has crossed my mind, I figured that the EPL1 is a great camera and even if the next generation of cameras has attractive features, the price was good enough for me to give it a try. I would not have bought it for the original $599 price tag at this time.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:58 PM   #19

Tullio, as long as there's nothing major wrong with the E-PL1, it'll be fine and it's a good price. I've had nothing but good experiences shopping at Amazon. Like Dustin, I paid full freight for mine when it first came out. Plus the 20mm f/1.7. Plus the VF-2. Not a cheap kit (yet still under a grand) but a thoroughly enjoyable one.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2010, 3:56 PM   #20

Default PL1 Low Price?

I received this camera last night. I got it from neweeg.com at $525 with no shipping cost. I thought I have saved some money.

I still have to convince my wife about buying this excellent Panny 20mm f1.7. This lens would be awesome for low light photography.

The kit lens is not bad at all. It's just not fast enough. The best image from what I have read is 25mm stopped down to f5.6. I will try this soon.
pedritoo is offline   Reply With Quote