Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:24 PM   #21

the 20mm is a great little lens for low light shooting. I really like it. But the kit is is very good. F7.1 is very sharp and takes great photos. It is really a good lens with the correction the epl-1 provides.

These are some to the results with the 14-42mm. The beach shots where at 7.1

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/tr...ndo-beach.html
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/ar...ip-philly.html
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:39 AM   #22

Got the camera today and...it's going back on Monday (unfortunately). The camera is defective. It even came with the tag attached to the body but it has two problems. While in P/A/S/M, the camera takes real long time to take the photo even though the shutter speed is 1/30. It operates normally in iA, though. Also, after having it on for about 15 minutes, the body started getting very hot where the battery is located. So, I called Amazon and they sent me the return shipping label. That's too bad. The thing is, I had $200 worth of gift certificate and I can't use them to buy anything else until the refund is processed. I may end up loosing some of the deals Amazon has going on over the holiday.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:47 AM   #23

sorry to hear that, do they have another they can exchange it with?
Old Sep 4, 2010, 1:18 PM   #24

Here's the problem, Amazon Warehouse deals have both, returned items originally sold by Amazon and items sold 3rd party vendors and fulfilled by Amazon. The return policy is the same because they are both fulfilled and shipped by Amazon. However, if the item was not originally from Amazon (which was the case with the EPL1 I bought, except that I did not know that), then they will refund but not exchange. So, I'm stuck. I'll have to wait until my gift certificates appear in my account before I can buy anything (unless, of course, I don't use them on the next order). Next time I'll call Amazon first before i buy anything from their Warehouse Marketplace.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote