Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 24, 2010, 11:49 PM   #1

Default Couplea E-PL1 shots from the weekend..

I was over in Arlington this weekend, stopped by the ballpark and shot this image of The Titan rollercoaster at Six Flags over Texas with the 12-60 Zuiko at 60mm..

Walked a few yards to better line up the initial drop with the derrick in the background, mounted the 70-300 Zuiko, set the zoom to 300mm, waited for a train to "drop in" to the scene and shot this..

Pretty obvious where this one was shot, and at 300mm. Focus on the closer "baseball".

Another 300mm shot, this one backlit during a walk this morning..

and a shot at 12mm using the 12-60 Zuiko..

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Oct 25, 2010 at 12:41 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 25, 2010, 8:03 AM   #2

....these are 'tickling' my want factor more!

Wishing for 2 WS tickets but @ $500 ea for SRO (today), one could get a good E-PL1 start.

I'm rationalizing........
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2010, 8:47 AM   #3

I was over at Arlington Camera Saturday morning before stopping off at the ballpark and had a look at the 14-150 and 9-18 micro lenses. They are incredibly small and extremely well made. The front element of the 14-150 is aspherical. I've been saying and figuring that's my future two-zoom micro setup. Seeing and handling them was enough to tip me over that direction in terms of next major purchases.
Old Oct 26, 2010, 8:43 PM   #4

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
I was over at Arlington Camera Saturday morning before stopping off at the ballpark and had a look at the 14-150 and 9-18 micro lenses. They are incredibly small and extremely well made. The front element of the 14-150 is aspherical. I've been saying and figuring that's my future two-zoom micro setup. Seeing and handling them was enough to tip me over that direction in terms of next major purchases.
If you're saving your money for the lenses, does that mean that we're not going to see any photos from you at the World Series?

bummer.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:40 AM   #5

My son stopped by yesterday with these, for what these cost one could have bought both lenses & an E-PL1....

Last edited by boBBrennan; Oct 27, 2010 at 7:54 AM.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 7:58 AM   #6

Hi Bob,

Your son should consider himself fortunate for only having to pay 190 per ticket. In Boston that ticket probably would have been 3 times that.

By the way, couldn't help noticing the photograph behind your son's left shoulder. It is one of my all-time favorites. Great capture and glad to see it again.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:16 AM   #7

thanks Zig, that is one of my favs too, B&W 11x14 & brings a fond memory.

....uh the print prices are reasonable, butttt going prices, 3rd-base infield side 4-times the print for row 20-40 lower level. 5-times for 5-20 rows lower level and whatever for the first 5 rows.

It is wild Rangers fun in Arlington.... me, I'm staying home. I actually want to see the games, 52" HD and a Dr Pepper is good enough for me, AND Bonnie.
Old Oct 27, 2010, 9:36 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post

I'm staying home. I actually want to see the games, 52" HD and a Dr Pepper is good enough for me, AND Bonnie.

Go Nuts, Bob!

Actually, If the Sox were playing, I'd be doing the exact same thing.
Only difference, mine would be a cranberry juice mixed with Tonic Water. And the TV would be a 42" plasma. (haven't quite talked Martha into getting a 56" yet)

Zig

Old Oct 27, 2010, 10:10 AM   #9

Section 116 should be great seats. Anywhere other than standing room, obstructed view should be fun. I passed on the World Series tickets, too. Probably will regret it since it might be another 50 years before it happens again...