Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 4, 2010, 8:23 AM   #1

Default So you want a fast lens, do you!

Then give this article by Michael Reichmann fron Luminous Landscape a read:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/re...3_nocton.shtml

He is reviewing the 25mm f0.95 Voightlander Nokton lens made by Cosina for the microfourthirds format.

Pour yourself your favorite breakfast drink and enjoy a good read.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:07 AM   #2

Quote:
Pour yourself your favorite breakfast drink and enjoy a good read
........I had two, that was fun to just read and not be concerned that it is something I would want, the newspaper news should be as interesting.

GM Zig & tnx for the suggestion
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2010, 9:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
........I had two, that was fun to just read and not be concerned that it is something I would want, the newspaper news should be as interesting.

GM Zig & tnx for the suggestion
____
boBB
Hi Bob,
Hope you and Bonnie are both doing well.

As for the article, you hit right on the head, since I'm not in the market (yet)
for one of these fast lenses, it was a fun read just to get educated as to what's out there.

To me, the most important aspect of the article is that slowly, there are companies that see the opportunities in providing quality products for the microfourthirds system (Fotodiox is another). And, with people like Michael Reichmann writing about them, it is sure to get some attention by the pro photog. community.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Dec 5, 2010, 11:05 AM   #4

Quote:
Hi Bob,
Hope you and Bonnie are both doing well.
....tnx Zig, yes, we are doing well, Bonnie is much better.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:44 AM   #5

I see the price for this Nokton, at least through the same place where MR bought his, is pretty much exactly what it would cost to buy the 25mm f1.4 Panny/Leica.... when you can find it in-stock.

http://cameraquest.com/voigt_m43.htm

Quite a bargin compared to a $10,000 Noctilux for the Leica M9 for sure. Cosina has created quite a niche with their Voigtlander line of rangefinder cameras and lenses.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 5:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Quite a bargin compared to a $10,000 Noctilux for the Leica M9...
Shoot...I can buy a good quality car for that kind of money. I wonder if I will ever be able to consider spending $10K on a camera lens!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 6, 2010, 6:05 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Shoot...I can buy a good quality car for that kind of money. I wonder if I will ever be able to consider spending $10K on a camera lens!
Hi,

I, at one time, thought that I might be able to do just that. It gives me some measure of peace to have come to the conclusion that I'll never be able to spend 5large on a lens-much less 10.

Zig

Old Dec 6, 2010, 11:48 PM   #8

I'm not sure how many more $1000 lenses (in all fairness, this lens is $899) I'll be buying. Any such purchase must be a very considered one. But of course I'd love to own a new Nokton. What I also find exciting is the prospect of additional micro four-thirds products from Cosina/Voigtlander. Wouldn't you love to see a Voigtlander micro four-thirds digital rangefinder? And perhaps there will be some less-expensive lenses that are still of very high quality.

As for $5,000 or $10,000 lenses, I'm with Zig. It's like exotic cars and motorcycles: At this point in my life, I know I'll never afford one so I don't bother coveting them. I'd love a Leica M9 and three of four lenses to go with it - at least in concept. But the pricetag just makes my eyes glaze over. So I don't bother wasting my time dreaming about it.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote