Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 16, 2010, 10:09 AM   #1

Default Possible e-p3

This looks impressive if its a true rendering. Trying to find out more info.
Attached Images

cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2010, 12:04 PM   #2

Built-in flash and EVF...yeah that does it! However, based on the EP2 price, it won't be cheap.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:11 PM   #3

It's true, it's not likely to be cheap. But, if it's about the same price as the E-P2, it may very well find its way into my kit. Rumors are that Panasonic is working on the same kind of camera. Our cups may runneth over in 2011.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:27 AM   #4

I look for several upgrades in 2011 from Olympus after the tongue lashing they took this year.
Charles
Old Dec 19, 2010, 9:50 AM   #5

....one of the reasons I am procrastinating is to see what may be coming in the next few weeks/months, I hope I can wait cuz, "I NEEED a new camera, I am CONVINCED I do and SO IS BONNIE". I can't put it off too long.

Seriously, I agree with Charles and believe there will be an influx of 'band wagon' models for small EVIL cameras. I hope Olympus will lead that parade.
____
boBB
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:14 AM   #6

I have seen that mock-up before. It's nothing more than someone having some fun making their own creation. I have serious doubts we'll see anything for real that looks like that. Kind of like the fake E5 (before the E3) that never materialized..

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Dec 19, 2010 at 11:21 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 11:17 AM   #7

I work with mainframes and used to work for an IBM-competitor manufacturer. We used to always work 5 years ahead of the market (that was the lifetime of a mainframe). The machines we built used to be powerful and very capable but when it was first released, they were scaled-down big time. Then 2 1/2 years later, we released what was called a mid-life kicker, which as a boost in performance and capacity bringing it uo to its real specs in order to fulfill customer's demand till the next gen. machine was ready. The reason I'm writing this is because I firmly believe that camera manufacturers do just that. They know what consumers want and they try to incorporate as much of that as possible on the models they design. But once they have it nailed, first they make all the money they can by selling a simplified version of what has been already designed and prototyped (a small camera with no built-in flash and EVF). Then they add the flash and capitalize on that. Then they add the EVF and once again, capitalize on that, so on and so forth. In the meantime, we buy the EP1, EP2, EPL1, EP3, etc. We are at their mercy!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2010, 12:11 PM   #8

Tullio, your statement is correct in my experience, I worked for Sony for 9 years & that was their SOP.
Charles