Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 21, 2010, 12:05 PM   #1
mcu

Default EPL1 playback video problem, footage is slowed???

When i play back the video on the camera aswell as my pc, the audio is at real time speed but the footage is in a slightly slowed motion. Is there some setting i am missing?
What could be the problem.....apart from me being a donkey??
mcu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:04 PM   #2

I was waiting to see if anyone else could help you out, but see you still haven't got a response. I can offer only a guess as I do not use the video function of the epl-1. but the only thing I can think of is if you were shooting in very low light and the frame rate dropped losing sync with the audio. again this is just a wild guess.
Charles

P.S. are you using a fast sd card I think the minimum recommended for video is class 6, this may also cause a loss of sync.

Last edited by cshanaberger; Dec 21, 2010 at 10:13 PM.
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:38 PM   #3
mcu

Quote:
Originally Posted by cshanaberger View Post
I was waiting to see if anyone else could help you out, but see you still haven't got a response. I can offer only a guess as I do not use the video function of the epl-1. but the only thing I can think of is if you were shooting in very low light and the frame rate dropped losing sync with the audio. again this is just a wild guess.
Charles

P.S. are you using a fast sd card I think the minimum recommended for video is class 6, this may also cause a loss of sync.
I'm using one of these

I've only taken 2 or 3 twenty sec clips, granted only one was in good light but it still was as slow as the others. I'll bring it to the shop tomorrow and see what they say. Must say i love the camera, the quality of the pics are unbelievable and i didn't buy it for it's video, but if i ever want to sell it i best get it looked at.
Thanks Charles
mcu is offline   Reply With Quote