Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:22 PM   #1

Default VF-2 price drop

For those of you interested in this viewfinder, Amazon just dropped its price to $229. It says it's out of stock but still, it's the cheapest price I've ever seen and worth the wait IMO. I ordered one. I believe the price will soon go up so don't wait.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 24, 2010, 8:00 AM   #2

That's a good price Tullio, I think you will be highly impressed with it once you get it. hopefully the wait is not long.
Charles
cshanaberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2010, 11:29 AM   #3

I'm not in any big rush. My only concern about spending this kind of money on an EVF is if Oly indeed releases a possible EP3 (or even an EPL2) with a built in EVF as I would certainly prefer that configuration. The same applies to Pana's GFx series.

Tullio
Old Dec 25, 2010, 12:46 PM   #4

Look at it this way... if Oly does introduce that E-P3 or E-PL2 with a built-in viewfinder, your E-PL1 will be worth much more as a trade-in or on the used market with the VF-2. Plus, you may want to keep the E-PL1 as a second micro four-thirds body. Finally - I just thought of this - the VF-2 has a hinge on it for when you want to operate with some stealth or are shooting a very low subject. So keeping the E-PL1 and VF-2 may have its uses. But, like you, I am waiting for that micro four-thirds "rangefinder" with a built-in viewfinder.
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2010, 12:11 PM   #5

I do believe that the day will eventually come and both Oly and Pana will release m4/3 compacts with BIVF. I managed to apply an $80 Amazon gift certificate I got for Xmas to my VF-2 order so in the end, it will cost me $149. It's looking much better.

Tullio