Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Apr 7, 2011, 9:19 PM   #1

Default Found the most compact travel setup.

I just added the olympus m.zukio 14-150 lens my families pen line up. The new lens with the 20 1.7 and 500D close up lens is not our super compact travel setup. Love that I do not even need to use a step up ring to have the 58mm 500D mount on the zoom.

The lens is very sharp with the correction, and quick to focus for a CAF system, and very quite. San Fran and Vancouver will be the travel testing ground for the new lens later this month.
Sponsored Links
Old May 21, 2011, 9:38 AM   #2

Shoturtle;

Curious as to how you find using the mZuiko 14-150mm... Does the long barrel extension feel okay, not subject to a wobble-like feel the kit lens exhibits? And how are the results? I'm looking for a bit more reach for the morning walkabouts -- considering the 40-150 or doubling down for the 14-150

San Fran and Vancouver -- very jealous
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21, 2011, 4:53 PM   #3

The lens is very well built, no wobble when extended, and no lens creep. It is a great walkabout lens when you just want to keep it simple and carry just the camera without other lenses.

IQ of the lenses is very good. I will try to post some samples from my trip coming up.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:23 PM   #4

Sorry I'm late on this string, shoturtle... but have you had any experience with Panasonic's 14-140mm? Assuming we're talking about still photos, would you prefer the Oly over the Panny?
Biro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2011, 3:25 PM   #5

The 14-140 is a very good lens for the panny if HD is important. The stepless aperture works wonder for HD. But optically for photography they are about the same. I was considering the 14-140HD but it was bigger then the 14-150 and almost 2x the price. But I would go with the 14-140 for the panny bodies as the IS is helpful past 70mm when the lens gets really slow with the 5-5.6 aperture in less then ideal situations.
Old May 31, 2011, 3:30 PM   #6

Here is an example of the 14-150 at 150mm, 1st photo. The second is at 15mm

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
Shoturtle;

Curious as to how you find using the mZuiko 14-150mm... Does the long barrel extension feel okay, not subject to a wobble-like feel the kit lens exhibits? And how are the results? I'm looking for a bit more reach for the morning walkabouts -- considering the 40-150 or doubling down for the 14-150

San Fran and Vancouver -- very jealous
Attached Images