Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jul 3, 2011, 11:16 PM   #1

Default with apologies to Bob- more EPL-3 photos

Sorry Bob,

But I saw these latest photos of the EPL-3 and have to say that this little camera really looks pretty slick.

Here's the link:
ttp://www.photographyblog.com/news/olmpus_e-pl3_hands-on_photos

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2011, 12:17 AM   #2

The tilt screen is no doubt going to be a huge hit. For a while I used the E330, which had the same type hinged back and I never really like the way it worked that well, preferring the style of the E5/E30.

While I was spending my money yesterday at Arlington Camera I got on the list to get a call when the E-P3 is finally available as a body-only option.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 6:55 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
The tilt screen is no doubt going to be a huge hit. For a while I used the E330, which had the same type hinged back and I never really like the way it worked that well, preferring the style of the E5/E30.

While I was spending my money yesterday at Arlington Camera I got on the list to get a call when the E-P3 is finally available as a body-only option.
It is fortunate that you have a camera shop in the area that carries a full line of Olympus products. One of my frustrations is that, here in the Boston market area, there isn't anyone that I'm aware of who stocks Olympus. Or, if they do (Best Buy) they have just one model.

I would love to handle the E-Pl3 and the E-P3 prior to actually spending the money.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:55 AM   #4

....aw Zig, thanks for posting that link, apology not necessary I'm convinced to the P3.

I think the PL3 is a beautiful LITTLE camera and the features are great too, but I'm sticking to the 'not for me' mentality, just too small and the colors don't appeal.

The tilt LCD panel likely will be very usable for this camera, I love the fully articulating panel on my C-7070 and use it very often for low-angle shots but I never have used the E-3 that way.

I am going to the Arlington City Parks office this week and stopping by Arlington Camera too begin building some excitement.

Zig, you would absolutely fall in love with the store.... family owned for the past near 30-years, everyone in the store is an expert photographer, they all know the equipment they sell, a couple are Olympus users. AC has a very large inventory of professional level hardware, bags and accessories, all brands.

A heck of a fun place, they get a lot done from a very small store http://arlingtoncamera.reachlocal.ne...dex.php?p=home

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote