Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jul 4, 2011, 3:14 PM   #1

Default A few more 75-300mm f4.8-6.7 M. Zuiko Images

The more images I capture with this lens the more impressed I am with it. Sharpness-wise, it looks every bit as good as my 50-200 f2.8-3.5 SWD Zuiko. Obviously the speed is not the same, but for most subject matter, it is more than fast enough.

The most important thing with this lens is to keep your shutter speeds up to help with the extreme magnification. Stabilization does help, but not nearly as well when you are shooting at 1/125 second as it does if you are at 1/500 or slightly faster. For that reason I pretty much have locked in to using Shutter Speed Priority and, if it takes ISO 400 or 500, that's what I let the camera select in Auto ISO. No need to fear shooting wide open with this lens. Seems equally sharp at any aperture and/or focal length.

These were all shot using shutter speed priority and anywhere from 1/400 sec to 1/1250 second.

75mm..

It is a really hot day today. You can see the heat-related haziness in the distant objects in this next file captured at 194mm and f8..

300mm at f10..

75mm ay f7.1..

100mm at f10..

171mm at f5.9..

75mm at f5.6..

300mm at f8, with the focus on the closer Egret..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 4, 2011, 9:20 PM   #2

This looks to be a mighty nice combination, it is difficult to imagine at such light weight.

I've begun to use my 70-300 on the E-3 more, convinced the lens is more capable than I've gotten from it. Next time out I'll try shutter priority and see how that works for me.

Do the folks at Arlington Camera know schedule for the new PEN cameras?

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:14 PM   #3

wow I wish I had all Greg's lens's, I need to learn more about my Camera.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 11:08 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
This looks to be a mighty nice combination, it is difficult to imagine at such light weight.

I've begun to use my 70-300 on the E-3 more, convinced the lens is more capable than I've gotten from it. Next time out I'll try shutter priority and see how that works for me.

Do the folks at Arlington Camera know schedule for the new PEN cameras?
The low weight is unreal for the reach for sure.

They hope to have the new models by August. I had him put me on the list to call when the E-P3 body-only is available, which will probably be at least a couple more months after they start selling the body-lens kits. He said he'd ask their rep about the body-only and let me know.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote