Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jul 11, 2011, 10:39 AM   #1

Question can someone reccomend a case to hold the EPL-1 and 2 lens's?

What is the best way to carry the len's and body? I was fine with the case I had until I went and bought this huge 45-200mm panasonic lens. It stays on the camera most of the time. but I still like to bring the smaller 14-42mm panasonic too.

thanks
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:19 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotust View Post
What is the best way to carry the len's and body? I was fine with the case I had until I went and bought this huge 45-200mm panasonic lens. It stays on the camera most of the time. but I still like to bring the smaller 14-42mm panasonic too.

thanks
I use a Tamrac Velocity 7 sling pack mostly because it is functional and I'm cheap. I don't like to spend more money than I have to.
Actually, the Velocity 7 is my main pack these day as I can pack my full sized E-30 dslr with the 12-60mm lens on it. There is enough room left to pack a 50-200mm 2.8-3.5 lens in it as well.

When I'm going lite, I stuff the EPL-1 with the 12-60mm mounted into it and it still leaves enough room to pack a 14-42mm lens as well as my m43 9-18mm lens

I like the fact that it a sling as I can slide it forward to gain access to the camera and/or lenses very easily.

National Geographics also has very nice top quality bags.

Links are

http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-Velocit...0401057&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-NG-2343-
Explorer/dp/B000LY5CUS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310401098&sr =1-1

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 11:34 AM   #3

Tamrac's little System 5 shoulder bag will also hold a compact Pen outfit with enough room for accessories like additional batteries, card, etc., and is pretty small. I can easily fit my E-PL1+VF2, 14-42II, 20/1.7 and 75-300 in that bag.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2011, 2:33 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
I use a Tamrac Velocity 7 sling pack mostly because it is functional and I'm cheap. I don't like to spend more money than I have to.
Actually, the Velocity 7 is my main pack these day as I can pack my full sized E-30 dslr with the 12-60mm lens on it. There is enough room left to pack a 50-200mm 2.8-3.5 lens in it as well.

When I'm going lite, I stuff the EPL-1 with the 12-60mm mounted into it and it still leaves enough room to pack a 14-42mm lens as well as my m43 9-18mm lens

I like the fact that it a sling as I can slide it forward to gain access to the camera and/or lenses very easily.

National Geographics also has very nice top quality bags.

Links are

http://www.amazon.com/Tamrac-Velocit...0401057&sr=8-1

http://www.amazon.com/National-Geographic-NG-2343-
Explorer/dp/B000LY5CUS/ref=sr_1_1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1310401098&sr =1-1

thanks Zig. I like the National Geographic Earth Explorer bag. I will look into it more later on. Seems like its a smart investment to protect such expensive equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Tamrac's little System 5 shoulder bag will also hold a compact Pen outfit with enough room for accessories like additional batteries, card, etc., and is pretty small. I can easily fit my E-PL1+VF2, 14-42II, 20/1.7 and 75-300 in that bag.

Thanks Greg, I will check them both out later on tonight after dinner. Its nice to know what fits and what is a waste of money.
Old Jul 11, 2011, 4:53 PM   #5

are you looking for a sling bag, backpack or shoulder bag?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 8:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
are you looking for a sling bag, backpack or shoulder bag?

haha no idea really. I would prefer not to carry one at all. The smaller the better I think. I did not have time last night to do my research. DO you have a recommendation?
Old Jul 12, 2011, 4:54 PM   #7

shoulder bag crumpler 4 million dollar home

sling bag tamrac velocity 6x, the 7X is more bag then you need. With just the 2 lenses the 6x is a smaller bag, with plenty of room still.

If you have a backpack already, you can look at a crumpler Haven small. It makes any bag a camera bag. With what you have, you really do not need a camera backpack. They hold a ton of stuff.
Old Jul 12, 2011, 5:12 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoturtle View Post
shoulder bag crumpler 4 million dollar home

sling bag tamrac velocity 6x, the 7X is more bag then you need. With just the 2 lenses the 6x is a smaller bag, with plenty of room still.

If you have a backpack already, you can look at a crumpler Haven small. It makes any bag a camera bag. With what you have, you really do not need a camera backpack. They hold a ton of stuff.

thank you very much for your input. I was just at besybuy today and I forgot to look. Though I never buy from them unless its on sale.
Old Jul 26, 2011, 4:42 PM   #9

FWIW, yesterday I was at Arlington Camera just messin' around (always a dangerous thing to be doing) before going to the Rangers baseball game and I ran across their Think Tank section of bags and the Retrospective 5 model, which works like a charm with the Pens and I grabbed a black one (they had black & gray in stock).

Everything that went into the Tamrc System 5 bag I described above also fits into this Think Tank bag, and it's a much slimmer, non-photographic-looking bag.

Add another bag to the (my) pile....
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 27, 2011, 6:11 PM   #10

great info thanks again Greg.