Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:25 AM   #1

Default a couple of EPL-1 images from the weekend

The first image is that of a Lace Cap Hydrangea taken with the EPL-1+ 12-60mm SWD lens.

I took it as I was leading a group of tourists on a Photo Walk through the village of Hyannis, then onto the Harbor. Our camera club, the Photography Center of Cape Cod decided to implement a Photo Walk program where we lead people interested in improving their camera skills on walks through various points of interests in the Cape. I lead a group each Friday morning at 9am. So far, it's been a lot of fun. I've met some nice folks and it has forced me to remember things that I personally have forgotten.

This is a photo of Scorton Creek in Sandwich, MA. We took the grand kids there Sunday late afternoon to go crabbing. A very interesting place to go to as the tidal swing runs about 10 to 11ft from low to high.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:15 AM   #2

Zig.......... the photos are excellent and the photo walk sounds fun for sure, I would really like doing a walk with you.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:08 AM   #3

Beautiful place. I like your weather better right now. I also like the feathered-edge styling on the first image. Gotta love the close focus ability of the 12-60.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 13, 2011, 10:28 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Beautiful place. I like your weather better right now. I also like the feathered-edge styling on the first image. Gotta love the close focus ability of the 12-60.
Hi Bob, Hi Greg,

Well, about the weather here right now; I'm sitting in a pool of sweat as I've been working out in the yard. I decided to get in out of the Sun for a few minutes to cool off.

Bob,

You're welcome to come on over to the Cape any time you wish. I'd be pleased to act your host and guide.

Greg,

On the photo walks, I've been purposely using the EPL-1 with, either the 14-42mm or the 12-60mm SWD. Reason being is that most of the people that sign on typically bring along a P&S and I thought I would not intimidate them if I used something smaller. But, if I have people with a dslr, as I did this past Friday. I can quickly show them the features that might interest them.

Most people are blown away by how close you can actually get with the 12-60mm.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Jul 17, 2011, 3:38 PM   #5

Nice shots zig. the compositon of the flower shot is super, the way the larger white blossums fram the smaller buds.

P.S. I'l tell you the same as I told Greg, since you are using your Pen so much, just send to me your unused 4/3 bodies. I will be glad to provide safekeeping services for you at no charge. LOL.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2011, 5:40 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Nice shots zig. the compositon of the flower shot is super, the way the larger white blossums fram the smaller buds.

P.S. I'l tell you the same as I told Greg, since you are using your Pen so much, just send to me your unused 4/3 bodies. I will be glad to provide safekeeping services for you at no charge. LOL.
Hi Steven,

You are kind and most considerate to take on a responsibility as big as that.
I certainly will keep your generous offer in mind should the need arise.

Zig

Old Jul 17, 2011, 8:18 PM   #7

very nice pics, thanks for sharing