Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:44 PM   #1

Default a couple of images with the E-P2

Hi,

I haven't had much time to take the E-P2 out and do some really serious shooting. But I did manage to grab it and go outside before dark and snap a couple off just to have a peek.

I did attache the 12-60mm SWD lens

A Lily in my front yard:

The next is a few berries on my Holly bush:

This last one is a 100% crop of the center portion of the frame:

The colors are as they came out of the camera. This is a nifty camera. I like the heft and build quality.
I did have to update the firmware as I noticed the AF was sluggish. With the firmware v1.01, the Af speed was improved.

How much? I don't really know. BUT, I can definitely tell it is faster.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.

Last edited by zig-123; Aug 23, 2011 at 10:49 PM.
zig-123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 23, 2011, 10:55 PM   #2

Zig, did you use your tripod for these?

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 6:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Zig, did you use your tripod for these?
Hi Bob,

No, I didn't. Just hand held. I really haven't been using either the monopod or the tripod these days. I use the tripod primarily when shooting multiple exposures of a landscape scene and want to maintain the same exact scene.
That, and when shooting birds from a distance with the E-30 using the 50-200mm + EC-14 telecon.

I've yet to put a Pen or the D90 on a 'pod'.

I know you've been interested in getting info on a carbon tripod. But, I don't have any personal experience using one or have researched getting one. I simply don't have anything useful insight to offer.

Zig.

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:15 AM   #4

Thanks Zig,

Since I've been getting out 1 or 2 times a week and shooting a lot of files I've noticed my 'out of focus' count is going up. I too am noticing it while shooting and now seem to need to pay extra attention to steadiness, sometimes (more often than in the past) seeking supports such as trees and fence posts.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 24, 2011 at 12:16 PM.
Old Aug 24, 2011, 8:20 AM   #5

CF tripods are nice. I picked a Manfrotto CF up before my trip to Palo Duro in May and have often used it with my Pens at the Arboretum.

Arlington Camera will be more than happy to take your money, Bob!

Beautiful colors, Zig. Seems like everything is almost dead around here these days.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Aug 24, 2011 at 4:47 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 24, 2011, 11:32 AM   #6

To my eyes, the second and third pictures are front-focused. It looks like the leaves at the bottom are on focus rather than the berries (unless, of course, that's what you specifically selected to focus on). They are nice nonetheless.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:19 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Thanks Zig,

Since I've been getting out 1 or 2 times a week and shooting a lot of files I've noticed my 'out of focus' count is going up. I too am noticing it while shooting and now seem to need to pay extra attention to steadiness, sometimes (more often than in the past) seeking supports such as trees and fence posts.
Hi Bob,

I know what you mean.

I've become used to having to deal with my tremor by wrapping the camera strap around my wrist 3 or four times-almost acting as a grip, then trying to breath very steady and have concentrated on releasing the shutter very steadily and slow. Seems to work most of the time.

Zig

Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post

Beautiful colors, Zig. Seems like everything is almost dead around here these days.
Hi Greg,

Well, the Texas Rangers aren't dead... They are going gangbusters!

Zig

Old Aug 25, 2011, 7:23 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
To my eyes, the second and third pictures are front-focused. It looks like the leaves at the bottom are on focus rather than the berries (unless, of course, that's what you specifically selected to focus on). They are nice nonetheless.
Hi Tullio,

You're right, the focus is off. I still have to read thru the manual to find out how to reduce the size of the focusing point on the E-P2 as it is different than that of the E-PL1

Zig

Old Aug 25, 2011, 8:23 AM   #10

Quote:
Well, the Texas Rangers aren't dead... They are going gangbusters!
.....ZIG! surely you jest, BOSTON is in town, Gonzales is here with Jacoby 'E', so are those others that we are having to deal with, AND it ain't been fun.

Maybe we can sweep the LAA and get back those 5 games lost this week with Boston doing the great damage.... Holy Crap, them bean bakers gotta go home, it is miserable and to think we will play them in the playoffs.

I JUST HAD TO RANT THIS ONE (sorry Greg)...... I am ok now (sigh), tonight Rangers 3 .. Boston 2 in a walk off by Cruz.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com