Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Sep 10, 2011, 10:59 PM   #1

Default Finally, a set of E-P3 JPEG settings I like...

One thing Olympus Viewer is really good at is giving a user a chance to try all the in-camera parameters and find a combination that works best, and I finally found one I actually like really well with the E-P3. Sharpening and Contrast set to +1, Noise Filter on LOW and everything else at the default camera settings.

With the 50mm f2 Zuiko.

Mom's baby these days, captured with the 20mm f1.7 Panasonic, FL50R flash and changed the color from Natural to Portrait..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2011, 5:59 PM   #2

Thanks for these Greg, very nice results. I am trying at using Viewer 2 but just can't seem to get comfortable with it. Hopefully Bibble Labs will get an update out soon.

I've tried camera adjustments for contrast & sharpness but ended leaving those set to '0' for all and making any adj in Bibble. It seems to me the P3 jpg are just a bit too sharp but I didn't like moving that down. I have turned off noise processing and like the finished files better.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Sep 12, 2011 at 6:17 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2011, 4:51 PM   #3

Viewer II is definitely far from being what I would even call competent as a RAW processor. It works great for testing JPEG settings, which is what I have been doing as I go crazy waiting for Adobe to finalize the profile for the E-P3. I tried loading the upgrade candidate 6.5 for ACR and have not been able to get beyond some sort of upload error on my machine, so I'll just wait until I can update ACR within the Photoshop updater.

Looking forward to possible tickets to a first-round matchup with the..... Rays again. Wink wink. You think the Cowboys are driving us to drink. Just think about all those Red Sox fans out there....
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote