Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Sep 29, 2011, 1:01 AM   #11

Bob.....go get your Adobe Camera RAW 6.5. I just updated mine.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 8:52 AM   #12

Quote:
Bob.....go get your Adobe Camera RAW 6.5. I just updated mine.

hi Greg,
............. I don't use ACR, thanks for the tip and certainly I am glad it is finally updated.

Last week Bibble Labs released an update to PRO 5 which I do use and updated, it included the E-Pxx series. The Monarchs were the first I shot in RAW format with the P3.

It sure is comforting to use RAW with the P3. As good as the JPG data are and with Bibble (others too) able to adjust all, BTW non-destructive, settings to a jpg file it just makes sense to me to do events RAW with a straight conversion OR adjustment where I want. Seldom do I make a file where I want it immediately to jpg.

Please be certain to post some images and discussion for how ACR handles the P3 files for you. One day I may suddenly get an urge to change/add software.

The forums (Oly) seem to be sliding away from the prolific discussions of the past few years from which I've learned and enjoyed so much. Perhaps the m4/3 (forum) will pick up but I am beginning to doubt it will, still I am hoping.

I'm about to suggest (are you reading Jim C) that the Oly ILC forums merge as one, I've not but am thinking of a post regarding it.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Sep 29, 2011 at 8:55 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:03 AM   #13

KulaCube,
..............it makes one wonder how the critters survive some of the environment they happen into.

I don't know the plant in your photo but it makes for a fine display of the butterfly, much like the penta I plant every year.

The image is a nice capture and well executed, thanks for the post.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Sep 29, 2011, 9:45 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post

hi Greg,
............. I don't use ACR, thanks for the tip and certainly I am glad it is finally updated.

Last week Bibble Labs released an update to PRO 5 which I do use and updated, it included the E-Pxx series. The Monarchs were the first I shot in RAW format with the P3.

It sure is comforting to use RAW with the P3. As good as the JPG data are and with Bibble (others too) able to adjust all, BTW non-destructive, settings to a jpg file it just makes sense to me to do events RAW with a straight conversion OR adjustment where I want. Seldom do I make a file where I want it immediately to jpg.

Please be certain to post some images and discussion for how ACR handles the P3 files for you. One day I may suddenly get an urge to change/add software.

The forums (Oly) seem to be sliding away from the prolific discussions of the past few years from which I've learned and enjoyed so much. Perhaps the m4/3 (forum) will pick up but I am beginning to doubt it will, still I am hoping.

I'm about to suggest (are you reading Jim C) that the Oly ILC forums merge as one, I've not but am thinking of a post regarding it.
I've missed out on any discussions about merging forums. It would definitely seem to make sense here. This one sure runs comotose at times.

I have been manually checking for the update in Photoshop for the last week, getting more frustrated by the day. After watching all that wacky baseball last night (I was switching between the MLB channel, ESPN and FSN for over 4 hours) I tried one more time befor going to bed. Low and behold, there it was.

If I were catholic, I woulda been at church this morning lighting a candle for Zig.

I have several profiles for both the E5 and E-PL2 that I plan to test with many of my E-P3 files and see what I can "develope".
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:16 AM   #15

....first there has been no discussion of merging forums that I am aware of, I just threw it out, but to me it would make sense from both a participation and moderation effort.

Yep, baseball was quite exciting yesterday. As far as the Red Sox meltdown and the Cardinals making it I was pretty busy too. Once Detroit won I had a real gut feeling the Rangers would make it happen but I never thought Napoli would be the one. That must be a feeling so great for him, his is a really good baseball story this year.

Tampa has to be happy not to play Boston today...that would be a huge revenue drawing game it it were on.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Sep 29, 2011 at 11:19 AM.
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Yep, baseball was quite exciting yesterday. As far as the Red Sox meltdown and the Cardinals making it I was pretty busy too. Once Detroit won I had a real gut feeling the Rangers would make it happen but I never thought Napoli would be the one. That must be a feeling so great for him, his is a really good baseball story this year.
Boy, they boo'd him really good as he rounded the bases on that second home run as they panned over to Scioscia and the announcers remarked, for at least the 10th time, how bad the Angels catchers have hit this year as a total compared to Napoli.

That game where I sat down on row 1 he walked very close past me a couple of times. He is a BIG guy to see in person. I love Peter Sellers' line in the movie "Being There" when he got to meet the president and he said "On television, you look.....much smaller...".
Old Sep 29, 2011, 11:56 AM   #17

I have to admit I'm a little sleepy this morning, as I stayed up late last night to watch that 12 inning victory for the Rays!!!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2011, 12:52 PM   #18

It was late for you, Steven! A comeback for the ages. I think I heard someone say they actually determined this was the first time, ever, the Yankees lost a game after leading by 7 runs as late as the 8th inning.
Old Oct 1, 2011, 3:17 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
I've missed out on any discussions about merging forums. It would definitely seem to make sense here. This one sure runs comotose at times.

If I were catholic, I woulda been at church this morning lighting a candle for Zig.
Not to worry, Greg.

This year has been a very bumpy one for the Sox with the signs of their eventual demise starting back in August when they were in first place. Too many pitchers having too many injuries. Just to name one of many problems with that team.

I've long ago came to the realization that baseball is very much a business. Sometimes, it takes a good crash like this one for management to face the music, take stock and plan another course.

Meantime, I'll be rooting for the Texas Rangers to go all the way. AND, there's always the New England Patriots to watch.
Although, they have no defense.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2011, 12:26 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Not to worry, Greg.

This year has been a very bumpy one for the Sox with the signs of their eventual demise starting back in August when they were in first place. Too many pitchers having too many injuries. Just to name one of many problems with that team.

I've long ago came to the realization that baseball is very much a business. Sometimes, it takes a good crash like this one for management to face the music, take stock and plan another course.

Meantime, I'll be rooting for the Texas Rangers to go all the way. AND, there's always the New England Patriots to watch.
Although, they have no defense.

Zig
Wait a minute Zig. Why aren't you rooting for the Rays??? Look what they did in a re-building year with young players and a total payroll only a fraction of all the other teams in the playoffs. A classic American underdog. You know you really want the rays to do well.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote