Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 24, 2011, 10:39 AM   #1

Default Olympus Viewer 2 Photo Editor

I'm sorry if this is may be in the wrong forum, but my Oly PL2 came with editing software that I'm having a problem with. I have quite a few RAW photos taken with my old Canon 40D DSLR. Problem I have with the Oly software is it will not display my Canon RAW photos. Is there a plug in of some kind that will enable me to view my Canon RAW Photos with the Oly Picture Viewer 2 software? Thank you!
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:33 PM   #2

the Olympus Viewer II program will only work with Olympus raw files. For your Canon raw files, you will need to use either the software provided with your Canon camera or a third-party program, like Photoshop, Lightroom, Capture One, etc.

The Canon software will work the same way. It will only support Canon raw files.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 2:58 PM   #3

Thanks Greg. I was suspecting that was the case. The Olympus Viewer 2 software doesn't look very user friendly although I haven't played with it too much. Thinking now that I probably should get a third party editing software. You mentioned Lightroom and Photoshop but they are probably more than I need. I was thinking about the Adobe Elements latest version. Would that program open RAW files from both the Canon and Olympus? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
the Olympus Viewer II program will only work with Olympus raw files. For your Canon raw files, you will need to use either the software provided with your Canon camera or a third-party program, like Photoshop, Lightroom, Capture One, etc.

The Canon software will work the same way. It will only support Canon raw files.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2011, 4:25 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Thanks Greg. I was suspecting that was the case. The Olympus Viewer 2 software doesn't look very user friendly although I haven't played with it too much. Thinking now that I probably should get a third party editing software. You mentioned Lightroom and Photoshop but they are probably more than I need. I was thinking about the Adobe Elements latest version. Would that program open RAW files from both the Canon and Olympus? Thanks.
Yes, Elements definitely will allow you to work with both.

As a free program, Olympus Viewer is "OK", nothing more. I play with it from time to time and use it to do firmware updates, but I would hate to think it was all I had available to use.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote