Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:25 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Thanks Tulio. In that regard the IBIS is a welcome feature. In my PL2 menu it has an IS tab and it looks like you set the IS to the focal length. I can't find much else out about it in the manual. I thought the IS is done automatically, why would you have to set it to the focal length you are using. I must be missing something here because that doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Hi James,

I think how it works is that when you are using either an M4/3 or 4/3 lens, the camera registers the focal length automatically. When you use any other lens, that's when you need to input (register) the focal length.

Laurie
laurel99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 3:53 PM   #22

I have the standard lens (14-42 II) that came with my E-PL2 and also the Panasonic 100-300mm zoom.... I'm strongly considering the 40-150 as probably a best next lens/choice for the camera... probably the "most-used" general carry lens... any thoughts/comments/suggestions??
Thanks!
Wes
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2011, 4:12 PM   #23

If you go with the panny 45-200 turn off the ois and use the ibis. ois will really drain the battery quickly. I have the 45-200 love the lens very sharp and works great with the pen's. And do not use the 2 IS in conjunction wired things occur especially with slower shutter speed shot.
Old Oct 29, 2011, 7:30 PM   #24

You only set the FL when you use MF lenses because the camera cannot communicate with the lens to obtain that information.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2011, 7:38 AM   #25

That makes better sense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
You only set the FL when you use MF lenses because the camera cannot communicate with the lens to obtain that information.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote