Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Olympus Micro Four Thirds (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds-103/)
-   -   M Zuiko 40-150mm Lens (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/olympus-micro-four-thirds/193130-m-zuiko-40-150mm-lens.html)

James Emory Oct 27, 2011 10:21 AM

M Zuiko 40-150mm Lens
 
I seriously thinking about getting this lens for my E-PL2. Could someone please post an unedited photo taken with this lens. I'm interested in sharpness and color. Thanks

Greg Chappell Oct 27, 2011 11:54 AM

A lot of variables will go into any image you see, even ones that are unedited, depending on the sharpening/noise filter settings among others.

I have a few I've captured over time with this lens where I simply shot JPEG and downloaded them to my computer.

These are hyperlinks to the files on my website. The full-sized images are there if you want to download them and look closer..

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/photos...6_6S6mB-XL.jpg

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/photos...6_Y7aUZ-XL.jpg

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/photos...2_JAwAP-XL.jpg

http://gmchappell.smugmug.com/photos...5_gwbGd-XL.jpg

James Emory Oct 27, 2011 12:28 PM

Pretty darn nice for a 300 buck lens. I especially like the vertical shots of the buildings and not seeing any of that vertical distortion or bending (I forgot the term for that, sorry) that was present on the 520 dollar 17-85mm Canon Lens I once had. Did you use a tripod for any of the building shots? Thanks Greg, appreciated.

Greg Chappell Oct 27, 2011 1:12 PM

Thanks, James.

No tripod on those. The first one was just walking the streets of downtown Dallas. Lots of great art deco buildings. The last was a bell tower at Texas Tech University when I got up early one morning and walked the campus before my daughter woke up, which could be any time before noon back then!

The two kitties were hers too, and I used an accessory flash, bounced, in doing those shots.

James Emory Oct 27, 2011 1:33 PM

Yep, I know all about daughters. When our daughter lived home she would get up at 11:00 and ask us why were up so early. We live in Michigan and a few years back she landed a good job at Mayo Clinic in Scottsdale. Now I miss her very much. A photo below I took of her when I had my Canon DSLR.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5001/...73338aabdd.jpg
Cute Amy by James Gasta, on Flickr

shoturtle Oct 27, 2011 2:59 PM

Think there is a deal on the 40-150 right now form olympus

Tullio Oct 28, 2011 9:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shoturtle (Post 1262565)
Think there is a deal on the 40-150 right now form olympus

I think you need to buy a camera body to get the discount on the lens.

Although I have the Lumix 45-200mm, I've seen so many good images/reviews of the 40-150mm that I decided to get myself one. Got lucky...$180 on Craigslist, brand new with box and hood (which does not come with it). It's indeed a very nice lens. It's small and light, fast (both on G1 and EPL1) and sharp with good color. If I have the time today, I'll post some images from it. BTW, it's available on Amazon for about $240 (not sold by Amazon but reputable sellers nonetheless).

James Emory Oct 28, 2011 10:22 AM

B&H has three used 40-150mm M Zuiko lenses in 9 to 9+ condition selling for 149.90.

James Emory Oct 28, 2011 10:24 AM

240.00 is a pretty good buy considering B&H sells them for 279.95. Boy, you got lucky with your find.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tullio (Post 1262697)
I think you need to buy a camera body to get the discount on the lens.

Although I have the Lumix 45-200mm, I've seen so many good images/reviews of the 40-150mm that I decided to get myself one. Got lucky...$180 on Craigslist, brand new with box and hood (which does not come with it). It's indeed a very nice lens. It's small and light, fast (both on G1 and EPL1) and sharp with good color. If I have the time today, I'll post some images from it. BTW, it's available on Amazon for about $240 (not sold by Amazon but reputable sellers nonetheless).


Tullio Oct 28, 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Emory (Post 1262715)
B&H has three used 40-150mm M Zuiko lenses in 9 to 9+ condition selling for 149.90.

That's a no brainner!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 1:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2