Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 1, 2011, 9:15 AM   #1

Default Deal on 14-42mm Zuiko II Lens

Someone is selling a brand new copy of this lens for 125.00. Pretty good buy I thought.

http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1056016
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2011, 5:19 AM   #2

it is. Does anyone here belong to that site?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 7:44 AM   #3

Anyone can register to buy something off the site. You cannot sell on the site unless you pay a 25.00 fee for one year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotust View Post
it is. Does anyone here belong to that site?
Old Nov 3, 2011, 11:37 AM   #4

It's a site I have heard about quite often when browsing the posts over at DPReview, but I have never bothered going there to check anything out myself.

You might be able to nab this one for even less, if chrome finish is not a problem..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-14-4...item2a155ef71a

You never know how auctions like that are going to end. There may be 15 people waiting until the last hour to do their thing, but just doing the buy it now option would nab it for under $125, before considering what you have to pay for them to ship it to you.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 1:34 PM   #5

Pretty good price considering the close up lenses come with it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
It's a site I have heard about quite often when browsing the posts over at DPReview, but I have never bothered going there to check anything out myself.

You might be able to nab this one for even less, if chrome finish is not a problem..

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Olympus-14-4...item2a155ef71a

You never know how auctions like that are going to end. There may be 15 people waiting until the last hour to do their thing, but just doing the buy it now option would nab it for under $125, before considering what you have to pay for them to ship it to you.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 3:24 PM   #6

I completely missed the part about the closeup lenses that were included. You are right. Even better.

I see the lens on Fred Miranda's site is the latest "R" version, and it is black vs. the eBay lens, which is the middle "II" version. Performance-wise (I have both), I do not see any difference. They're both fast and silent at focusing and are smooth in use. Pretty much all plastic, save the lens elements, but very well made.

This guy just returned from Yellowstone National Park. Took lots of lenses as you can see from the first post, and the most used lens was his 14-42..

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=39746490

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 3, 2011 at 3:31 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2011, 4:41 PM   #7

can someone FW my Email to the seller?

l o t u s t [email protected] Gmail.com

many thanks

Last edited by lotust; Nov 3, 2011 at 4:58 PM.
lotust is offline   Reply With Quote