Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:11 PM   #11

....hi Greg,
Seems I just make a few photos, look and enjoy, but then fall off the bench about them.

A lot of changes going on with forums' activities and hardware change outs. I still haul around the E-3 quite a lot. Just looked out the window and know I should head over to the lake (Arlington) for some sunset shots but that likely isn't going to happen either. I just need to get kickstarted again.

Good to see your images as always.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:19 PM   #12

For the past year I did not participate much in any photography forum. As a result, two things happened: 1. I did not take nearly as many pictures as in previous years, and; 2. I did not spend money buying photographic equipment (which can be a very good thing). Since I started participating again, I already bought two new m4/3 lenses + a CCTV 35mm just to check it out. So, if the same phenomenon applies to other people, all you have to do is be an active forum participant!!!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:39 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....hi Greg,
Seems I just make a few photos, look and enjoy, but then fall off the bench about them.

A lot of changes going on with forums' activities and hardware change outs. I still haul around the E-3 quite a lot. Just looked out the window and know I should head over to the lake (Arlington) for some sunset shots but that likely isn't going to happen either. I just need to get kickstarted again.

Good to see your images as always.
I need to come over there on a weekend you are available and let you be my guide to some of the parks I missed when I was living in North Arlington for about 4 years, of which there are many. I could bring all my micro toys and you can shoot with whatever you want on your Pen if you want to carry it along with the E3.

It's been a while since I've been over to check on my great-grandfather's grave at Hawkins Cemetery. Last time I was over there, some idiots had gone through and knocked down several headstones, my grandfather's among them. I called the cemetery's keeper about paying to have it repaired, but never heard back from them.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:02 PM   #14

A fine series of images showing the capabilities of the 45mm lens. And, I'm happy to be able to see what it can do by your examples as it's probably the only lens currently of interest to me of any of the micro 43 specific recently released.

While, I only have the 14-42mm MCS lens, I don't feel deprived as I'm using the 12-60mm SWD, 35mm macro, 40-150mm, and the ubiquitous 70-300mm from my E-30. At first, I tried selling these on various sites to fund the purchase of some new m43 lenses but quickly found out that they are worth a heck of a lot more to me than anyone else. In the end, I just decided that these lenses all feel very comfortable to me and my big hands- even if the body is a fraction of the size of the E-30.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:09 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
For the past year I did not participate much in any photography forum. As a result, two things happened: 1. I did not take nearly as many pictures as in previous years, and; 2. I did not spend money buying photographic equipment (which can be a very good thing). Since I started participating again, I already bought two new m4/3 lenses + a CCTV 35mm just to check it out. So, if the same phenomenon applies to other people, all you have to do is be an active forum participant!!!
Truer words were never spoken. There is nothing like reading this forum to stoke the equipment acquisition fires. I've spent more on equipment in the last 11 months than I have in my entire life.

My wife uses quicken to manage our purchases and expenditures. She often prints a summary of my photography expenditures and slips it under my nose

just to bring me back down to earth when I start thinking about buying another lens. What an awful thing to do:roll eyes:

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:02 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Truer words were never spoken. There is nothing like reading this forum to stoke the equipment acquisition fires. I've spent more on equipment in the last 11 months than I have in my entire life.

My wife uses quicken to manage our purchases and expenditures. She often prints a summary of my photography expenditures and slips it under my nose

just to bring me back down to earth ...
Zig
That's a temporary thing...eventually we go back to cyberspace!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:13 PM   #17

Greg, your pictures always make me want to get my camera out and go shooting.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:11 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post

just to bring me back down to earth when I start thinking about buying another lens. What an awful thing to do:roll eyes:

Zig
Just received the email from B&H....the crazy expensive, dedicated hood for the 12mm f2 Zuiko is now in stock.......I should have it Friday...
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:14 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Just received the email from B&H....the crazy expensive, dedicated hood for the 12mm f2 Zuiko is now in stock.......I should have it Friday...
Looks like you and I are doing our level best to keep the american economy going........

Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:32 PM   #20

If not the economy, at least Olympus. Sounds like a mess over there in Japan.

Instead of quicken (no need doing that to myself!), I think I'm gonna pick up the Window 7 upgrade soon. After that CS6 can't be too far down the road. Just upgraded the RAM in my machine to the maximum 12GB to get ready. When I originally bought this latest box, I stayed at 6GB of RAM because going to 12GB up front was going to be something like $400 extra. The upgrade today cost me $144. At least something is getting less expensive.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 9, 2011 at 11:01 AM.