Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:11 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
boBBrennan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Arlington, Texas USA
Posts: 3,567
Default

....hi Greg,
Seems I just make a few photos, look and enjoy, but then fall off the bench about them.

A lot of changes going on with forums' activities and hardware change outs. I still haul around the E-3 quite a lot. Just looked out the window and know I should head over to the lake (Arlington) for some sunset shots but that likely isn't going to happen either. I just need to get kickstarted again.

Good to see your images as always.
__________________
.
boBBrennan .. FB=> http://tinyurl.com/dxlwxfz

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 5:19 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Tullio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,370
Default

For the past year I did not participate much in any photography forum. As a result, two things happened: 1. I did not take nearly as many pictures as in previous years, and; 2. I did not spend money buying photographic equipment (which can be a very good thing). Since I started participating again, I already bought two new m4/3 lenses + a CCTV 35mm just to check it out. So, if the same phenomenon applies to other people, all you have to do is be an active forum participant!!!
__________________

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 6:39 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....hi Greg,
Seems I just make a few photos, look and enjoy, but then fall off the bench about them.

A lot of changes going on with forums' activities and hardware change outs. I still haul around the E-3 quite a lot. Just looked out the window and know I should head over to the lake (Arlington) for some sunset shots but that likely isn't going to happen either. I just need to get kickstarted again.

Good to see your images as always.
I need to come over there on a weekend you are available and let you be my guide to some of the parks I missed when I was living in North Arlington for about 4 years, of which there are many. I could bring all my micro toys and you can shoot with whatever you want on your Pen if you want to carry it along with the E3.

It's been a while since I've been over to check on my great-grandfather's grave at Hawkins Cemetery. Last time I was over there, some idiots had gone through and knocked down several headstones, my grandfather's among them. I called the cemetery's keeper about paying to have it repaired, but never heard back from them.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 7, 2011 at 8:41 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:02 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,158
Default

A fine series of images showing the capabilities of the 45mm lens. And, I'm happy to be able to see what it can do by your examples as it's probably the only lens currently of interest to me of any of the micro 43 specific recently released.

While, I only have the 14-42mm MCS lens, I don't feel deprived as I'm using the 12-60mm SWD, 35mm macro, 40-150mm, and the ubiquitous 70-300mm from my E-30. At first, I tried selling these on various sites to fund the purchase of some new m43 lenses but quickly found out that they are worth a heck of a lot more to me than anyone else. In the end, I just decided that these lenses all feel very comfortable to me and my big hands- even if the body is a fraction of the size of the E-30.

Zig
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:09 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
For the past year I did not participate much in any photography forum. As a result, two things happened: 1. I did not take nearly as many pictures as in previous years, and; 2. I did not spend money buying photographic equipment (which can be a very good thing). Since I started participating again, I already bought two new m4/3 lenses + a CCTV 35mm just to check it out. So, if the same phenomenon applies to other people, all you have to do is be an active forum participant!!!
Truer words were never spoken. There is nothing like reading this forum to stoke the equipment acquisition fires. I've spent more on equipment in the last 11 months than I have in my entire life.

My wife uses quicken to manage our purchases and expenditures. She often prints a summary of my photography expenditures and slips it under my nose

just to bring me back down to earth when I start thinking about buying another lens. What an awful thing to do:roll eyes:


Zig
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:02 AM   #16
Senior Member
 
Tullio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 7,370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Truer words were never spoken. There is nothing like reading this forum to stoke the equipment acquisition fires. I've spent more on equipment in the last 11 months than I have in my entire life.

My wife uses quicken to manage our purchases and expenditures. She often prints a summary of my photography expenditures and slips it under my nose

just to bring me back down to earth ...
Zig
That's a temporary thing...eventually we go back to cyberspace!
__________________

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 1:13 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
James Emory's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 2,380
Default

Greg, your pictures always make me want to get my camera out and go shooting.
__________________
Olympus OMD-M5, HLG6 grip, Olympus 4/3rd 35mm macro lens, Panny/Leica 25mm, f1.4, Olympus 17mm, Canon Pro 9000 Mk II Printer, Canon MP990 Printer, Slik U212 Tripod, Manfrotto monopod, MMF3 converter.
James Emory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:11 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Truer words were never spoken. There is nothing like reading this forum to stoke the equipment acquisition fires. I've spent more on equipment in the last 11 months than I have in my entire life.

My wife uses quicken to manage our purchases and expenditures. She often prints a summary of my photography expenditures and slips it under my nose

just to bring me back down to earth when I start thinking about buying another lens. What an awful thing to do:roll eyes:


Zig
Just received the email from B&H....the crazy expensive, dedicated hood for the 12mm f2 Zuiko is now in stock.......I should have it Friday...
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:14 PM   #19
Senior Member
 
zig-123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Cape Cod, Massachusetts
Posts: 5,158
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Just received the email from B&H....the crazy expensive, dedicated hood for the 12mm f2 Zuiko is now in stock.......I should have it Friday...
Looks like you and I are doing our level best to keep the american economy going........
__________________
http://scortoncreekgallery.smugmug.com/

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:32 PM   #20
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Dallas, Texas USA
Posts: 6,522
Default

If not the economy, at least Olympus. Sounds like a mess over there in Japan.

Instead of quicken (no need doing that to myself!), I think I'm gonna pick up the Window 7 upgrade soon. After that CS6 can't be too far down the road. Just upgraded the RAM in my machine to the maximum 12GB to get ready. When I originally bought this latest box, I stayed at 6GB of RAM because going to 12GB up front was going to be something like $400 extra. The upgrade today cost me $144. At least something is getting less expensive.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 9, 2011 at 11:01 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:33 AM.