Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 5, 2011, 9:13 PM   #1

Default E-P3 and Two Primes...

The E-P3, 17mm f2.8 and 45mm f1.8. That was it today. I also had the 12mm f2, but only pulled it out a couple of times.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 5, 2011 at 9:50 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:55 PM   #2

Nice images, Greg. I find the 17mm to be an underrated lens. I had it when I first bought the EP1 then I sold it in favor of the Lumix 20mm. For a while I wished I hadn't done that. Today I have the Lumix 14mm and I'm very happy with it.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2011, 2:57 PM   #3

A few more from today of a very different subject matter.

The 45mm f1.8. This lens does not lack at all for sharpness.

17mm f2.8. Working with the RAW files, I see little to complain about with this lens.

Old Nov 6, 2011, 3:12 PM   #4

Very sharp indeed. I know what I'm going to do...I'll sell all my MF lenses and use the money to get me the 45mm. Who needs a Canon FD 50mm f1.4 when one can have the 45mm!?!

Tullio
Old Nov 6, 2011, 9:51 PM   #5

With the exception of very closeup shooting, I'm having the same thoughts about my 50mm f2 Zuiko, except I do still have my E1 and plan to send it to Olympus soon to have it serviced/cleaned up.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 9:42 AM   #6

Do you think it's worth keeping the E1 considering the quality of the new batch of m4/3 cameras and the compactness (and excellent build and IQ) of most m4/3 lenses? Just curious...

Tullio
Old Nov 7, 2011, 1:29 PM   #7

I'll keep the E1 because it's not worth the hassle, to me, of selling for what I'd get for it. The grip material is just about completely peeled off and I'd like to get that replaced and have it cleaned while Olympus still services them. Of course, I have been sayng that now for months and have not yet done it, so I may never get around to it!
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:13 PM   #8

You can probably buy another m4/3 body for the cost of the service

Tullio
Old Nov 7, 2011, 3:43 PM   #9

Still have an E-PL2 to go with, or backup the E-P3, so the last thing I really need (not that I ever let that stop me) are bodies, or lenses for that matter. Pretty much financed my entire micro setup when I sold three Olympus DSLR bodies (E5, E30 and E620) and, for me, the higher-end lenses (12-60, 50-200 SWD) a couple of months ago. I probably should have just thrown the E1 in with something, but I didn't.

Have not yet gone micro with the really wide stuff yet, so I've held onto the 9-18mm f4-5.6 and 8mm f3.5 Fisheye Zuikos in addition to the 50mm f2 macro.
Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:09 PM   #10

I hear you...I have the EPL1 and the G1 and I've been thinking about getting the G3. The question is...do I really need it? If I did not have the EPL1, I'd say if nothing else because it handles high ISO way better than the G1. But since the EPL1 also handles high ISO well and the G1 is a great performer, I might pass on the G3 and perhaps get the Lumix 100-300mm instead. Then I can sell the 45-200mm.

Tullio