Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:01 PM   #11

Tulio, I won't be using any old MF lenses. Sold all my Canon DSLR gear to get the E-PL2 and a lens with some cash leftover. The only non M43 lens I'll get is the Oly 35mm macro. Sure feels funny carrying the PL2 around compared to the Canon 40D and those monster lenses. Hope I won't be sorry. It should meet my needs as an amateur (at best) photographer.
Old Nov 10, 2011, 11:09 PM   #12

Being sorry or not depends on your level of expectation, James. The m4/3 system is certainly capable of producing good quality images, whether you go with Oly or Panasonic bodies/lenses. I'm sure there are still areas where DSLRs beat m4/3 but I believe they are becoming less and less obvious and the benefits of m4/3 are unquestionable. I had Oly, Nikon, Pentax and Sony DSLRs. I liked the Oly and Sony best but now I'm 100% m4/3 (in fact, today I bought a G3 w/ kit lens for $475 on Craigslist. The camera was bought in Sep and the owner decided to get the GH2 instead...lucky me!!!). I have many MF lenses but I will eventually sell them all in favor of the new m4/3 lenses. I love this system.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2011, 12:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
Being sorry or not depends on your level of expectation, James. The m4/3 system is certainly capable of producing good quality images, whether you go with Oly or Panasonic bodies/lenses. I'm sure there are still areas where DSLRs beat m4/3 but I believe they are becoming less and less obvious and the benefits of m4/3 are unquestionable. I had Oly, Nikon, Pentax and Sony DSLRs. I liked the Oly and Sony best but now I'm 100% m4/3 (in fact, today I bought a G3 w/ kit lens for $475 on Craigslist. The camera was bought in Sep and the owner decided to get the GH2 instead...lucky me!!!). I have many MF lenses but I will eventually sell them all in favor of the new m4/3 lenses. I love this system.
Make that two of us.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2011, 7:24 AM   #14

The PL2 certainly meets my level of expectation. The IQ is very good and I don't have a sore neck from carrying it around. It has all the features I used on my DSLR and then some.