Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 19, 2011, 9:06 AM   #1

Default ....a morning along the creek with the P3

Finally, I found a day with no schedule and went for a walk at one of my favorite city parks. With the light showing off what is there for fall color. The P3 and ZD 14-54 v-I & ZD 70-300 made some nice photos.

I've read where the original ZD 14-54 does not do well on the P3 but for the kind of usage I put it to the lens works very well at focusing and the results are quite good from it. The 70-300 is my most used lens with the P3, it feels good with pleasant balance and the results from it too are quite good.

So, for now I am satisfied with the 'kit' I carry and having fun when time allows, hopefully a few more mornings before the killing frosts and winter winds take color away for the year.

These were shot RAW and finished with Bibble Pro v5 on an iMAC 27

14-54 @ 14mm 0 EV f/7.1 ISO 200

14-54 @ 32mm 0 EV f/5.6 ISO 200

14-54 @ 14mm 3/10 EV f/3.5 ISO 200

14-54 @ 54mm 0 EV f/9 ISO 200

70-300 @ 70mm 0 EV f/6.3 ISO 200

70-300 @ 70mm 0 EV f/7.1 ISO 200

70-300 @ 277mm 7/10 EV f/9 ISO 200

70-300 @ 300mm 7/10 EV f/10 ISO 200 .... "Don't know what the squabble was about but it was fun to watch them 'squawk' over whatever the problem was." 3-drakes and a hen in front of the judge, looks like a decision is in order here. They stayed lined up like this for quite a long time, funny.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 19, 2011 at 9:59 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 19, 2011, 12:42 PM   #2

My fave is the evening shot of the Egret.
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:07 PM   #3

Great colors and exposures, Bob. Looks beautiful there today.

It's freezing up here in Enid, Oklahoma.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 2011, 6:18 PM   #4

Really nice shots Bob. Love that last one, reminds me of that old saying: "order in the court -here comes the judge." LOL.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 20, 2011, 11:36 AM   #5

Very nice indeed. I like the warm colors. The 14-54 was my favorite lens back when I had my E510, followed by th 70-300. If it wasn't for their large size (increased by the m4/3 adapter), I'd probably consider buying them again.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:44 AM   #6

...thanks all for taking time to look and comment, very much appreciated.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Nov 21, 2011, 4:40 PM   #7

Home now and looking at them on my LCD, I'm even more impressed. The shadow/highlight details look extremely nice in the second and third images. Your exposures and processing on those two are very impressive. I've done my share of shooting in lighting like that on the trails at River Legacy Park and winding up with shots like that is not easy.

The depth in image #5 is just beautiful
Old Nov 21, 2011, 6:38 PM   #8

Thanks Greg, I always try getting to a site by early sunlight and this trip to Randol Mill really did show well. When I came around to the creek the sun was at a great angle. I very much appreciate your comments as the three you mentioned are absolutely my favorites of the morning. For these I looked at AP and the P modes, shifting between the two on back-to-back shots, it is remarkable what the P3 will do in the program-mode.

Good I got out when I did, the weather change and rain will take off the rest of the color foliage.

I was at Arl-Cam today wanting to try the alternate grip but they did not have one.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Nov 21, 2011, 7:18 PM   #9

Yes, I got my larger grip getting on the wait list at B&H. Within the hour I got the email it was in-stock I ordered. The next day they were out of stock again.

Arlington Camera has stocked very few micro four-thirds accessories in general so far, but I think the big problem is there simply are not many of some of the accessories in the US anywhere. Even the Olympus Store is out of stock on the accessory E-P3 grips. The hood for 12mm f2 M. Zuiko I purchased from B&H does not even show up as an accessory for that lens at the Olympus Store.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 21, 2011 at 8:33 PM.
Old Nov 21, 2011, 8:38 PM   #10

....just now ordered the grip from B&H, I love technology.

Sitting here watching 'The Sing Off' and from the iPAD ordered the grip off B&H, paid for it via PayPal, printed wireless the invoice, checked & recvd both the B&H and PayPal confirmations eMails and posted this........ I need a Dr Pepper, HEY BONNIE.......

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Nov 21, 2011 at 8:47 PM.