Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 3, 2011, 1:54 PM   #1

Default Before the First Hard Freeze

With possible sleet and snow on Monday, I took advantage of today being around 60 degrees and a nice overcast day to shoot some color still out there.

All Captured with the E-P3 raw and processed in Adobe Camera RAW.

With the 45mm f1.8 M. Zuiko..

I shot a couple of mages with the 7.5mm f3.5 Rokinon fisheye as well. I had little room to work with including this tree in the foreground, but you wouldn't know it using a lens this wide. If you hold the camera level the image can look very "normal".

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Dec 3, 2011 at 1:57 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 4, 2011, 8:36 AM   #2

Nice pics Greg. I see you like to adjust EV and I see why. I've never experimented with this feature.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:04 AM   #3

I quite like the Rokinon shot...the distortion is barely noticeable. It might be a good lens for landscape photography.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:42 AM   #4

It does behave very well when held level. The built-in dual axis electronic level in the Pen is a huge help in leveling this lens. Here's a couple of other shots I captured with it in this same area. I moved underneath that tree and got down low near the fallen leaves to shoot this next image, and you can tell this ones tilted a little up..

At the opposite end, I shot back this direction from a stairway. This used to be someones back yard..

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 4, 2011, 12:50 PM   #5

And someone with lots of buckos.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 2:16 PM   #6

Those are both nice pictures. The distortion is much more evident, though. The interesting thing is that on the first Rikonon shot the image bows upward but on these last two it bows downward, reason why the distortion is more obvious.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote