Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 28, 2011, 11:11 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
Hi Smiffy,
As you will notice going through this forum, the one option for the E-PL1 (and the entire pen series) to get would be the VF-2 viewfinder. Don't know how the UK prices are floating on this item (or the lower spec VF-3) but it is a worthy investment. Not having to fumble about with reading glasses while using the camera -- priceless.
For your Lapland adventure and the Northern Lights, wide angle would be the best approach. When you catch a really great display, it fills the whole sky. It truly is a wonderful experience. Have fun
One of the main reasons I got my VF-2 ordered, no need to wear my glasses while framing/focusing.
Old Dec 29, 2011, 12:07 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by KulaCube View Post
Hi Smiffy,
As you will notice going through this forum, the one option for the E-PL1 (and the entire pen series) to get would be the VF-2 viewfinder. Don't know how the UK prices are floating on this item (or the lower spec VF-3) but it is a worthy investment. Not having to fumble about with reading glasses while using the camera -- priceless.
For your Lapland adventure and the Northern Lights, wide angle would be the best approach. When you catch a really great display, it fills the whole sky. It truly is a wonderful experience. Have fun

A VF-2 is on the horizon. Definitely. Best price I have seen one for in the UK is around 175.00 on Amazon.
My finger keeps hovering over the "buy" button for a Panny 14mm though. With Christmas just out of the way (and four kids to keep happy) money is a little tight at the moment and I can't justify buying both right now. I'm thinking the 14mm will maybe come in more useful in Lapland than the VF-2 so that looks like the way I'll be heading for the moment.
Smiffy is offline   Reply With Quote