Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Dec 22, 2011, 7:56 PM   #1

Default ...had to try out the RM-UC1 clone

so I fitted the P3 to a shaky old camcorder tripod, added the FL-36 and 70-300. Then I went looking for Autumn (the CAT). Not only does the 2.85$ RM-UC1 replacement work it shows that when steady, the 70-300 with the flash makes good images off the P-3. Of course I already knew this because of my lenses the 70-300 on the P-3 is my favorite.

Here are a couple images I made tonight with the set up with the P-3 set to the P-mode while I did some manual focusing of the 70-300.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Dec 22, 2011 at 8:08 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2011, 9:18 AM   #2

The 70-300 definitely has its' advantages over the micro 75-300. The closest focus distance is a big one. I sure wish Olympus would develope a micro version of the EX25 tube that I could use with the 75-300 Micro for closeups. The Canon 250D closeup lens screwed into the front element of the 75-300 works OK, but the tube would be much more flexible.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 10:27 AM   #3

Bob, where did you get that cable for 2.85? I'd like to get one if it will work on a PL2. Nice pics BTW. I like the Santa irregardless of the great image quality.
Old Dec 23, 2011, 1:49 PM   #4

hi Greg, Merry Christmas!

I've never used the EX25 but one may be in my bag before next years parks shootings. These images are not cropped, shot at 4-5 ft.

For these I just ran around with the setup to test fire the switch, I should have shot these jpg instead of fooling around with the RAW files. I only process on the iMAC and when I see them here on the MAC-mini HP-2207 monitor I do see a color difference. This monitor is HDMI connected to the MAC-mini but it needs to be calibrated again.... Since changing to HDMI connection I've not done that.... it will give me something to do first of next week when the 'maybe' snow hits.

Are you going out of town this weekend?

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Feb 13, 2012 at 6:26 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2011, 4:35 PM   #5

Nice shots Bob. Al you guys have been posting nice shots with you m4/3 cameras. I have been tempted, but with three 4/3 bodies, I'm trying to save the money for a 12-60mm or 14-54mm.

P.S. -I walked into Sam's Club yesterday, and they had several new EPL1 with the m14-42 lens kit for $299. Temptation is everywhere I guess, but funds are limited so I passed on by.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote