Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:05 PM   #101

Thanks for the link....good price assuming it's new.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:15 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Thanks for the link....good price assuming it's new.
Keh.com sells mostly preowned equipment. If the item is new, it is marked as such. In this case, the lens is marked as EX which indicates it is used but in excellent condition. I find their rating system to be extremely conservative.
i bought their lenses marked"bargain" and found them to be absolutely fine.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 6:18 PM   #103

Thanks, I have no problems buying used, have did it many times. I was wondering what they meant by EX, I was assuming this was new.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 10:29 PM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Keh.com sells mostly preowned equipment. If the item is new, it is marked as such. In this case, the lens is marked as EX which indicates it is used but in excellent condition. I find their rating system to be extremely conservative.
i bought their lenses marked"bargain" and found them to be absolutely fine.

Zig
Yes, KEH is extremely conservative in their rating system. If they rate it as EX or EX+ then it will look just like a new one. They have been around for many, many years, and have a good reputation.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2012, 11:47 PM   #105

Quote:
Originally Posted by zig-123 View Post
Well James,
However, I think Greg's positioned himself quite nicely as, most likely, he has 75% of the lenses shown in the ad.
Zig
Close...of the 11 current lenses shown in that system image, I do have 6. I was hoping that percentage was wrong and it is, barely.

I hope that 75mm f1.8 is not as heavy as it looks. They call the 300mm f2.8 Zuiko the Big Tuna and the 150mm f2 the Little Tuna. This 75/1.8 might qualify as the Quarter Tuna if it is.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Feb 6, 2012 at 12:08 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:01 AM   #106

According to the four-thirds rumor site, 9pm tonight, New York time, 8pm here in Texas, is the announcement time. Hopefully, we'll see an announcement and preview over at DPR shortly after that time.

The chrome body looks might sweet, and the two part grip looks well designed. I was wondering where the electronics communication with the body was going to take place with the grip. It turns out there's a connection around the middle of the bottom plate of the camera that has to be taken off so when you mate the body+grip the two connect electronically. There's a slot viewable in the top part of the grip where that plate from the body can be stored.

Should be a fun, interesting evening reading the details of all this.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:53 AM   #107

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Should be a fun, interesting evening reading the details of all this.
Yeah, and depressing too (for me, of course), since I know I can't afford one.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:03 AM   #108

I'm not going to be in a position to get one for a while either. Already sticking money back for a trip in late May and buying mucho "stuff" for that in advance, so some point after July-August is probably as early as I will even start thinking about it.

The "good" part of that is, early firmware bugs should get ironed out after all the early adopters find them, and raw files by that time should be supported by most all third-party software.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:28 AM   #109

....I may get one ASAP!

If I wait I will become disenchanted and come to realistic senses that groceries, home insurance, car(s) insurance, household utilities, doctor(s), home (house) updates, gasoline, baseball tickets (Rangers & CATS), telephone(s) AT&T( iPhone, iPAD, internet), other toys & Fuzzies Tacos

are IMPORTANT TOO!

So, before facing the truth of everyday living....... Arlington Camera (bag & camera STUFF) needs to get inventory right away, otherwise I will just get along with what I have now.... real decisions are a tough deal.

But I had the grips, all but the interfaces, figured out and the footprint is within a whisker of the same size and plant as is the P3. I do like the clip on flash but the battery seems too light in capacity so why the change from the BLS-1/5 except the charger now has 5-contacts, so obviously there is more for the battery to control.

This whole dissertation has me hyper this morning............. more coffee now.

Recent EDIT:
Not enough differences to the P3 (haven't read any scuzz abt PDAF yet) for me to put $1200 into it right away, already did that for the P3 w/VF-2 & tax only 5-mths ago.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Feb 7, 2012 at 12:07 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:29 AM   #110

Thumbs up

The full specs have been posted now on 43rumors.com Looks good so far.
Interesting, specs sound nice. New battery is the BLN-1. No built-in flash, but the external flash unit FL-FM2 comes standard packed in the box with the body.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote