Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 10, 2012, 10:04 AM   #151

I hope the screw design is such where the screw cannot back out and become lost which will happen if not.
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:33 PM   #152

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnG View Post
I really like the look of it - even the knurled thumb screw. It definitely has a classic look to it.
And this one even stays screwed on. I fixed it on my 12/2 from day 1 and have just left it there. Plenty of room to get the cap on and off, it's still as tight as the day I put it on and it's plenty compact enough to reside as-is in a lens slot of the bag or on the camera. Also makes for a a great handle when putting the lens on and taking it off.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:36 PM   #153

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
I hope the screw design is such where the screw cannot back out and become lost which will happen if not.
From the time I tightened it when putting it on, it has stayed solid. It's a good design. For $89.95, it sure as heck better be .
Old Feb 10, 2012, 11:48 PM   #154

......you need to sleep, it is gonna be cold in Enid tomorrow!

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 12:23 AM   #155

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
......you need to sleep, it is gonna be cold in Enid tomorrow!
. Yep.

Actually decided to drive up Sunday morning so I could do a few things around here Saturday, not the least of which is, going to the monthly club meeting up in McKinney. Got the card for Tuesday today. Getting the gift tomorrow.

Sunday morning when I get up here, it's supposed to be 12 degrees in Enid. Hopefully, that's as cold as it gets. I'd like to spend some time Monday out on the flight line, including getting into the T1 she will now be learning to fly.
Old Feb 11, 2012, 7:35 AM   #156

.....sounds like a plan

When I heard how cold it will get I thought about how much colder it usually is at a venue such as there. I am happy for both of you....congratulations to Chelsea.

Sounds fun, the Rokinon will be the handy lens to use, level horizon or not. Stay warm & have a safe trip.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2012, 8:32 AM   #157

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
From the time I tightened it when putting it on, it has stayed solid. It's a good design. For $89.95, it sure as heck better be .
Yikes! 90 bucks for a hood. I thought that hood was just for their new lens pictured with the camera.