Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:07 AM   #41

It looks as if there may be a serious epidemic of GAS about to run rampant thru the Oly community.

7days and counting

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:18 AM   #42

Hey Bob: I can solve your camera bag problem, as I will offer a camera storage service. Just send your EP-3 to me for safekeeping, and that way you will not need another bag.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:27 AM   #43

Looks like the name will be EM-5. The built-in viewfinder will apparently the same overall specs as found in the VF-2

And the sensor will be a Panasonic, but Oly changed the surrounding circuitry and are using the new Oly TruPic VI processing engine. Oly will claim that the auto-focusing is the fastest of any interchangeable lens camera, including dslr.

Last edited by Steven R; Feb 1, 2012 at 7:33 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:37 AM   #44

Steven, are you trying to get Bob pumped up.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 8:54 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Looks like the name will be EM-5. The built-in viewfinder will apparently the same overall specs as found in the VF-2

And the sensor will be a Panasonic, but Oly changed the surrounding circuitry and are using the new Oly TruPic VI processing engine. Oly will claim that the auto-focusing is the fastest of any interchangeable lens camera, including dslr.
The "rumors" site some time ago posted an article that said "OM-D" was going to be the name of the new series, vs. Pen, and not the name of the initial model. That seems to confirm that.

The E-5 Micro. Has a nice sound to it. I also saw something about 9 frames per second for up to something like 11 or 17 frames, in RAW capture.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Feb 1, 2012 at 9:49 AM.
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 11:58 AM   #46

The viewfinder has the same specs as the VF-2, but apparently it has new “tweaks”; and apparently there will be an optional Oly battery holder grip available.

So Bob, you not only have to buy the new body, you need to also budget for the new battery grip to really do it right. That means you are going to be the envy of the neighborhood.
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:12 PM   #47

I got the Gorilla POD and a $3 shutter release thingamajig to get me by.

WOW, another $1700 camera w/lens(es) with a $6 Gorilla POD and a $3 shutter release with the spare batteries in Tic Tac boxes.... that should be envious enough right there.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Feb 1, 2012 at 6:29 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:27 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
I got the Gorilla POD and a $3 shutter release thingamajig to get me by.

WOW, another $1700 camera w/lens with a $6 Gorilla POD and a $3 shutter release with the spare batteries in Tic Tac boxes.... that should be envious enough right there.
$1700 ...chump change. I'm gonna get me one of them there Nikon D4x bodies
@6 large. The way I figure it, my wife's gonna shoot me if I buy another camera anyways. Might well go out with a hell of a bang.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 5:55 PM   #49

The 12-50 is no lens I want. I'm figuring the body only in the $1,100 to $1,200 price range.

The bigger question is, will this new camera even use the batteries in our tick tack boxes?

It might not use either a BLS or BLM battery.
Greg Chappell is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2012, 6:23 PM   #50

I thought about the battery and it seems to make sense that one of greater capacity may very well be the order.

My position is so different to yours Greg for m43 lenses that it is easier to add lenses when I buy the camera because I tell Bonnie it was a package (I detest the word 'kit') deal.

Zig, I understand.... The last time I faced this kind of situation was when I was racing and was paying my own bills, seemed I needed something every week, especially if it were a new trick. On a few occasions I think she was reaching for the shotgun, but when I started getting some help things eased over pretty quick. The problem now is that I don't expect any sponsorship money so the $$$$ are hers, DANG!

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote