Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:49 PM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
I thought about the battery and it seems to make sense that one of greater capacity may very well be the order.

My position is so different to yours Greg for m43 lenses that it is easier to add lenses when I buy the camera because I tell Bonnie it was a package (I detest the word 'kit') deal.

Zig, I understand.... The last time I faced this kind of situation was when I was racing and was paying my own bills, seemed I needed something every week, especially if it were a new trick. On a few occasions I think she was reaching for the shotgun, but when I started getting some help things eased over pretty quick. The problem now is that I don't expect any sponsorship money so the $$$$ are hers, DANG!
I know how you feel, Bob. I absolutely detest the winter not because of the weather, but typically, it's when the galleries are all shut down, most of my regular clients are down in Florida and my handyman business is virtually at zero. As a result, I have no discretionary income with which to buy toys.

zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 8:16 AM   #52

Two new M4/3 lens from Olympus are coming soon: a 75mm1.8 and a 60mm f2.8 macro. The 60mm will be weather-sealed.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 9:06 AM   #53

What type of racing were you into, Bob?
Old Feb 2, 2012, 10:15 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Two new M4/3 lens from Olympus are coming soon: a 75mm1.8 and a 60mm f2.8 macro. The 60mm will be weather-sealed.
Now, see here......this just isn't even funny...

http://www.43rumors.com/ft5-two-new-...fter-the-e-m5/

I'd rather have that 75mm f1.8 to use with my E-P3 before even thinking about the new body. Of course, I'd eventually want both of them, and the new body. 75mm at f1.8 and possibly (based on what I have seen from the Panny G3) really nice performance as high as ISO 3200?

As another poster at another site put it...."tie me to the mast, boys...". The sirens are about to start calling.....loud and hard....

Damn.....

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Feb 2, 2012 at 11:31 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:34 PM   #55

Default More E-M5 pics

http://mlzphoto.blog.hu/2012/02/02/f...s_om_d_geperol
Old Feb 2, 2012, 12:41 PM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post

I'd rather have that 75mm f1.8 to use with my E-P3 before even thinking about the new body. Of course, I'd eventually want both of them, and the new body. 75mm at f1.8 and possibly (based on what I have seen from the Panny G3) really nice performance as high as ISO 3200?

As another poster at another site put it...."tie me to the mast, boys...". The sirens are about to start calling.....loud and hard....

Damn.....
"Bali Hai is calling, Bali Hai is calling.... come to me, come to me....."
Old Feb 2, 2012, 1:02 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Looking at the top of the frame around the eyepiece, I wonder if this camera is including a detection sensor that will eliminate the need of pressing a button to switch back & forth between the eyelevel finder and back LCD like the Panasonic GH2? There's "something" inside the rubber eyepiece more substantial than just the frame around the finder. An eye sensor is all that makes sense. That would really be nice.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Feb 2, 2012 at 1:14 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:34 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
What type of racing were you into, Bob?

James, I was IT mgr at U.S.Suzuki 1965-1968; IT mgr at McCormack Intl 1969-1971 (American Eagle motorcycles) and ran a Los Angeles shop 1971-1974 building competition 2-strokes for motorcycles (and contracting mainframe computer programming so we could pay our bills)

All in all I spent nearly 10-years in the motorcycle industry (in Southern California), we raced club desert and grand prix events when the motocross thing started in late 1968. I was involved in that startup scene, when the European motocross teams came to race exhibitions in the united states (1968) we were shown how to do things we had never dreamed about at that time and motocross racing was born in the U.S.A.

I had great fun in those years being a part of the startup mgt groups (Honda, Suzuki & AE) that brought motorcycling to the U.S. from Japan.

Working and riding amongst the best in the world, though my biggest contribution was usually at the beer hall after the races, was an experience I will always cherish.

While at Suzuki, in the first years, our office bldg was just a block from All American Racers (Dan Gurney and Joe Leonard). Dan & Joe often came down to our place and out back of the bldg we had a little flat-track setup that we raced around on 120cc trail bikes which usually ended with a run through the main hallway of the office bldg by whomever was first off the track after say 10-laps (the trophy run for WINNING!).

Fun stuff those days in SoCal, Orange county.... there are some times I wish I could replay parts of it, especially with old friends; Harvey Mushman being one ===> http://tinyurl.com/3m6gjup I ran in this Elsinore GP but did not finish. I crashed and broke both wheels.

I never raced a Japanese bike, only European (SACHS 125cc, MAICO 250cc, ZUNDAPP 125cc & a couple times Huaqvarna 250cc GP). By the time the Japanese bikes were worth riding I was done except for trail riding.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2012, 2:40 PM   #59

...the images of the M5 depict a very rugged built TANK. I like it more all the time and if it in fact looks like I am imagining then I will find a way to get one, whether it works well or not.

Looks alone are worth being seen with it! I'm now taking two afternoon naps so to pass the time quicker for the next 6-days.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Feb 2, 2012, 3:09 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post

The 'greeter' job at Walmart is becoming more inviting everyday, whatsit pay and how many hours to get some of these m43 lenses, those are the questions now. I need to sell some stuff, that is what I need to make happen..... maybe start with the second car, then one or two shotguns and some camera equipment that seems to be piling up over in the closet.

Gotta talk to Bonnie about this, she can be pretty understanding

boBBrennan.smugmug.com