Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:03 AM   #1

Default Monday at the Base with the E-P3

Visited my daughter at her base in Oklahoma yesterday, with access to areas on the base normally off-limits to us civilians.

Simulator for the T-6, from the outside, with the 7.5mm Rokinon and run through Fisheye Hemi..

This is a small room to have two simulators in it, but you'd never know using this lens..

Inside the simulator..

with the 20mm f1.7..

My daughter on the right, explaining something using a series of acronyms her fellow serviceman completely understood, with the 12mm f2. I had to ask her to decoded it all later that afternoon.

As close as we could get to the flight line due to a snow storm the night before. Shot through a glass door with the 12mm f2 using the snap focus mode, set to infinity..

Captured during a ceremony where all the students were told the next aircraft they were moving up to, with the 45mm f1.8. I'm now left looking to capture images of her like this. When she sees the camera pointing her way, she usually refuses to smile like this anymore. She says its all my fault. No idea what she's talking about.

Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:56 AM   #2

you should be very proud, of your pictures and even more so of your daughter!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:20 AM   #3

Greg, are you sure they are not smiling about you crashing the simulator.
She did say it was all your fault. Great shots as usual. Oh, has your daughter advanced to
combat aircraft yet?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:29 AM   #4

Both the shots and the story are very interesting!
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 9:33 AM   #5

....great weekend right there with the right cam/lens set ups. The FE worked so well and the 45 continues to impress.

BTW, I know Kelsey's name; sorry about that (Chelsea) in the earlier post. It appears she is the only woman in her group and the award says she is pushing the guys.

Messy weather weekend too but the files show you had a good, fun and proud time.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:07 AM   #6

I'm trying real hard to convince myself I don't need that 45mm. After all, I do have the 25mm, which is great! Nice captures!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:28 AM   #7

That is a sweet lens, very sharp. Unfortunately, I'm all budgeted out on camera gear. I was earmarking a few bucks for another lens with my income tax return but I just got enough back to pay property taxes.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:56 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Greg, are you sure they are not smiling about you crashing the simulator.
She did say it was all your fault. Great shots as usual. Oh, has your daughter advanced to
combat aircraft yet?
She's going to the T1 just now and eventually one of the big transports. The guys going to the combact/fighters next go to the T38. There were a few of those in her class.

We all flamed out in the simulator. Me, her mother and grandfather. My mom refused to go in after watching us.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:01 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
....great weekend right there with the right cam/lens set ups. The FE worked so well and the 45 continues to impress.

BTW, I know Kelsey's name; sorry about that (Chelsea) in the earlier post. It appears she is the only woman in her group and the award says she is pushing the guys.

Messy weather weekend too but the files show you had a good, fun and proud time.
Thanks. Yes, it was a great weekend to be up there with her.

I knew who you were talking about! Lots of people call me Craig, in addition to other "stuff", and I answer to them all. There was one additional girl in her class of 24 trainees.

It was messy. 4 inches of snow Monday morning, then when we thought we'd be clear to drive home, freezing fog yesterday morning with close to zero visibility until around 10am. Any trip up to Enid in January/February is a crap shoot, weather-wise.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 12:03 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
I'm trying real hard to convince myself I don't need that 45mm. After all, I do have the 25mm, which is great!
The 25 is one of those sirens I keep hearing the call of. It would be easier for me to add that lens to my outfit, replacing the 20, before my trip in late May than trying to add the E-M5, but the 20 is one pretty good lens.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Feb 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM.