Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Feb 26, 2012, 1:27 PM   #1

Default Red Tail Hawk

Went out this morning to see if the geese were "striking a pose" but they were a bit shy this morning, not taking too well to my photo assistant (to her credit, she did not bark or bounce at the geese). After giving up on the geese and stepping away from the shore, heard a soft honking but could not see anything. My assistant saw them coming -- a flight of swans -- but did not warn me in time. So the morning was almost a wash and then this bird made an appearance. Not sure if a female or immature. Have seen this bird a few times in this park and finally had the camera with me.
E-PL1, 40-150mm M. Zuiko (wishing it was a 75-300)
Shot in raw, processed in Oly Master 2 and nutz, its 8kb over the limit so Steve will further downsample.
Attached Images

KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2012, 2:25 PM   #2

Thumbs up

Well done! Nice capture
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2012, 4:01 PM   #3

Very nice. Why not open a free Flicker or other similar photo account and that way you can post larger sizes which would show a little more detail.
Old Feb 26, 2012, 7:50 PM   #4

nice shot - probably a female - it is too early for immature ones - last year we had a pair raise some young in our woods and it wasn't till may or so we heard the little ones start screeming
Old Feb 26, 2012, 10:56 PM   #5

Thanks for the comments. Its fun when you go out with one subject in mind and another "presents" itself.
James, I have tried unsuccessfully to link my flickr (though admittedly not put much effort into it)
RaMcEwan, I thought it was a female as well, till I checked my field guide -- it takes a redtail up to four years to show its adult plumage. This one is bigger than the juvenile that hung around our garden a few years ago so maybe it is a female adult.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 27, 2012, 8:55 AM   #6

Kula Cube. It's very easy to do. Simply left click on the photo you wish to share. When the pic comes up there are two boxes, actions, and share. Click share and a small window comes up. Click grab the HTML/BB code. You want to select BB code and choose the size. I always choose at least the 640x640 size. Then left click on the link in the window and all will be highlighted. You then just right click and copy/paste into your post. When you submit, your picture appears in the post. Just that simple.
Old Feb 27, 2012, 5:37 PM   #7

Great-looking hawk. Very well seen. Those guys can blend in and often be hard to see unless you follow them in.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote