Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:02 PM   #11

Well, the firmware update added no additional functionality for the E-P3 with the lenses Lfn button. It's still a stop AF button. Once you focus, you can press and hold the button to temporarily disable AF as long as you hold the button down. Take your finger off and single AF is back on.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2012, 11:09 PM   #12

The macro shots are very special. Well done...
Vision of Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:29 AM   #13

Well, I have to say that when this lens first came out, I for the life of me didn't understand the aperture range it had.

Your first set of images certainly are a good start towards convincing me otherwise.

As always, great set Greg with the macros being quite impressive.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:24 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Well, the firmware update added no additional functionality for the E-P3 with the lenses Lfn button. It's still a stop AF button. Once you focus, you can press and hold the button to temporarily disable AF as long as you hold the button down. Take your finger off and single AF is back on.
I can't quite understand the actual benefits of this feature. Instead of holding the shutter half way, you have to hold the AF lock button if you want to lock the focus and move the camera to recompose the shot.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 3, 2012, 10:07 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tullio View Post
I can't quite understand the actual benefits of this feature. Instead of holding the shutter half way, you have to hold the AF lock button if you want to lock the focus and move the camera to recompose the shot.
You can hold the shutter release half-way instead. I could also focus using single AF and just press the record button to change to manual focus, which will also stop AF since I have the record button programmed to toggle between AF and MF. Three different options to do the same thing. The on-lens button is just another option if you want to use it. The camera still operates just as it does with any other lens. It may just be the full usability of the button, assuming it can be programmed by the E-M5, has to wait for the E-M5.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Mar 3, 2012 at 10:19 PM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote