Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 9, 2012, 11:35 AM   #21

......thanks for the comment Zig.

Florida sounds good to us today, 45 F and raining, we are/were to have the annual Arlington Kite Festival tomorrow and Greg (DFW) was planning to stop by to join me for some 'picture taking' but that is all iffy now for tomorrow.

After Sunday the rest of the week is forecast to be near 80 F and lots of sun; again it is just a 'weather in the nation of Texas' ordinary winter weekend.

Hope y'all are have a great Florida stay.......... TTYL

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Mar 9, 2012 at 6:23 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 5:08 PM   #22

G'day BobB

Great shots, great setup

A note of caution if I may ...
While the bayonet lens mount will hold all the paraphenalia on the front, the tripod bush has to hold it all on to the tripod head ... and that's a very small area holding a large load

Many years ago I ripped the bum out of one of my Pentax bodies via a setup not-too-different from what you have here - and once the tripod bush comes loose from the body, lots of other bits soon follow :-(

Regards, Phil
Ozzie_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2012, 6:23 PM   #23

hi Phil, I appreciate your comments. As for tripod mounting you may notice I do not have the tripod collar on the 50-200 above but do use it whenever I have the monopod along.

The 70-300 weight to the E-P3 isn't much add on which I only shoot handheld but here for the combinations exhibit I used the mini-tripod from my spotting scope so to demonstrate the size.

I don't own a full-size tripod and seldom use my mono-pod; then only for the E-3 & 50-200 so unless it is a situation like the above the camera tripod bushing is never relied on.

What you mention is certainly worth noting and remembering when loading a camera with a heavy front end, thanks for pointing out the possible perils.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote