Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Mar 18, 2012, 12:41 AM   #1

Default On the Bluebonnet Trails with the E-P3

Down south of Dallas and just east of a little town called Ennis. Probably still a couple of weeks until the peak, but I still found some good stuff to shoot.

Captured with the 12mm f2..

Not many bluebonnets in this next image, but a beautiful piece of land in late afternoon backlight, again, with the 12mm f2..

These next three images are of the same subject, just shot three different ways. First, with the 12mm f2..

Then, with the 7.5mm Rokinon fisheye, pointed down..

Then, again with the Rokinon fisheye, but I held it level both vertically and horizontally..

Bluebonnets, a Longhorn, and I was on the right side of the fence..

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Mar 18, 2012 at 12:44 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2012, 4:09 PM   #2

Very nice series, Greg. I particularly like the 3rd and 7th images.

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 5:31 PM   #3

That third image was one I had to shoot. Even without many bluebonnets, it was one of my 2-3 favorite shots of the day. The property was just beautiful, and the backlight made the scene for me. The highlight and shadow controls of ACR in Lightroom 4 worked great. It would have been interesting to see how a raw file from an E-M5 would have handled it. Maybe next year....

In the one image of the field of bluebonnets captured with the 7.5 Rokinon where I held the camera down, my shadow was showing prominently on the bottom of the scene and I used the local adjustment brush to even the exposure with the surrounding area and eliminate the shadow. Pretty cool!
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 7:28 PM   #4

It is cool. The only brush I can use is my tooth brush. I do need to invest some time learning PS. I've been playing with Silkypix a bit and find it complicated. The funny thing is, I'm an IT guy!

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2012, 10:17 PM   #5

Number 3 is beautiful -- what a spot. The bluebonnets, do they have a scent? Sitting on the porch of the house visible in shot 4 must be quite the view.

From my reading about Lightroom 4 and then seeing your use of the local adjustments, it is a really cool piece of kit to work with. Great stuff Greg.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote