Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old May 7, 2012, 11:42 AM   #1

Default Kenko M43 Extention Tube Set AUTO EXT TUBE SET AF DG f/MICRO 4/3

Does anyone have an idea when Kenko will be releasing this? I'm assuming it will work for the E PL2 and Oly M43 lenses. Thanks.
Old May 7, 2012, 10:05 PM   #2

I am scouring my normal sites (Amazon, B&H, New Egg, Adorama) weekly. Yes, they are micro-specific and so will work on any Panasonic or Olympus body and lens with the right focal length combination. See here how they will work..

http://www.thephoblographer.com/2012...r-nex-and-mft/
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2012, 11:11 PM   #3

Well, a few minutes after posting the above, I checked B&H and saw this, which was not there a couple of days ago.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._TUBE_SET.html

Can't tell if they are going to carry it in normal stock. B&H usually does not use the "usually ships in 7-14 days" for anything they plan on keeping in normal inventory.
Old May 8, 2012, 8:00 AM   #4

Quote:
B&H usually does not use the "usually ships in 7-14 days" for anything they plan on keeping in normal inventory.
I think this is about B&H not knowing what to expect for early inventory. I looked too at several sites earlier in the day and found none with even a mention including B&H This is a late item addition at B&H which will make it easy to change when stock arrives. This kind of readiness can sell a few, if not all, originating inventory pieces while some other vendors are making code changes.........

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 8:46 AM   #5

Wow, around 280 bucks. I think I might be better off just to buy the four thirds Oly 35mm macro. I've seen a couple on Ebay that were going for 179.00 and then add another 62 bucks for the 4/3 to M4/3 adaptor. In that regard, when I get my four thirds 70-300, I'm ready to go as I will already have the adaptor. Sound like a plan?
Old May 8, 2012, 10:05 AM   #6

James
Just checked the B&H Link and they have the tubes listed for $179. Must have seen your post and adjusted the pricing to match
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8, 2012, 2:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Emory View Post
Wow, around 280 bucks. I think I might be better off just to buy the four thirds Oly 35mm macro. I've seen a couple on Ebay that were going for 179.00 and then add another 62 bucks for the 4/3 to M4/3 adaptor. In that regard, when I get my four thirds 70-300, I'm ready to go as I will already have the adaptor. Sound like a plan?
I personally would go with that plan even at $179 for the tubes....
Old May 8, 2012, 11:36 PM   #8

I think James may have been talking about the link in my first response, which listed the higher $280 price, and was probably the US equivalent price compared to the prices in Europe at the time they did that article. $179 for two fully compatible tubes with full data exchange that you can mix and match as needed is a pretty good accessory to have.
Old May 10, 2012, 8:51 AM   #9

This may sound hard to believe, but I've had 35mm SLR film cameras since I was 20 and I'm a loooooooooooong way from there now. However, I have yet to buy or use extension tubes. My funds are limited so I have to make the best buy for my buck as there is no inheritance in sight. :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
I think James may have been talking about the link in my first response, which listed the higher $280 price, and was probably the US equivalent price compared to the prices in Europe at the time they did that article. $179 for two fully compatible tubes with full data exchange that you can mix and match as needed is a pretty good accessory to have.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 2:06 PM   #10

Just received the Kenko tubes and gave them a short spin on my E-P3 with the 75-300 M. Zuiko. For those who use the Olympus EX25 tube with Zuikos like the 50-200 and 70-300 for closeup work, this works exactly the same with the main difference being, this is 26mm instead of 25mm, and it's split up into two tubes at 16mm and 10mm you can use individually or in combination. I tried the set together with the E-P3 and 75-300 and it works like a charm. This is going to be fun .

Very nice build quality too. First-rate stuff.