Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old May 9, 2012, 7:18 AM   #1

Default Another vote in for the OM-D5

If MikeFellah's announcement that he picked up an OM-D5 hasn't convinced you yet, maybe this will.
http://visualsciencelab.blogspot.com...ll-almost.html

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2012, 8:43 AM   #2

Quote:
The invitation to coffee that will almost assuredly cost me $1500.

Ha! I've been meaning to post that the OM-D will quite literally cost me a pound of flesh. When I first broached the subject to my wife (back in February), she said I could get it - provided I lose some weight (and I'm getting there, hopefully by the time my birthday rolls around in August)
Green Eyed Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 10:34 AM   #3

Comparing the shutter release action of the E-M5 to that of the E1 is high priase, indeed. The E1 was/is a superbly-made, fun to use machine. The following E3 and E5 cameras are superb, but in my opinion are a slight step down in terms of overall quality and "feel" compared to the E1. They run rings around the E1 in terms of operational speed and improved image quality, but the E-1 simply feels great to hold (it really is too bad they left that body style) and the shutter release quality is a thing of beauty.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 1:00 PM   #4

I don't think Mike likes his camera. If he liked it he would surely have posted some shots by now.
D B Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 2:27 PM   #5

Nah. He's out there putting together this huge portfolio of images that are going to so blow us away we won't be able to help ourselves but want one.

Actually, I'm already there, but I am exercising a small (tiny) amount of fiscal responsibility and am going to wait until after I've finished spending on this upcoming trip, which won't be until after I have returned home.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 6:50 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Nah. He's out there putting together this huge portfolio of images that are going to so blow us away we won't be able to help ourselves but want one.

Actually, I'm already there, but I am exercising a small (tiny) amount of fiscal responsibility and am going to wait until after I've finished spending on this upcoming trip, which won't be until after I have returned home.
I am indeed going to get one of these blasted cameras. I miss the colors of the Oly sensor, especially when it comes to photographing flowers. Now, I just need to save up some pennies (actually, quite a few of them).

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2012, 7:20 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by D B Cooper View Post
I don't think Mike likes his camera. If he liked it he would surely have posted some shots by now.
Even with the E-3, E-330, E-300, Cand C-700 before that, I haven't been a prolific picture poster. Last pics I've uploaded were late last year!

Also right now I'm only using FourThirds lenses from my E-3, so unless you want to see how old lenses perform...

Then there's the fact that after I work all day I have to go to the camera club and sit through whatever event is going on there...that's where I'm posting from right now. I spend the time reading up on issues and learning more about the camera.

I will say that today I just had devlivered Panasonic's 3D lens...but I haven't been home yet, and won't be home until bed time!

Soon I'll have the time to take some pictures (so far all I've taken is my bedroom, and you don't want to see that!

I admit though I didn't have the intention of buying an M43 camera, until this one came along!

Last edited by Mikefellh; May 9, 2012 at 7:23 PM.
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 7:46 AM   #8

I'm with Zig. Time to start saving my nickels and dimes....and pennies. Tis a beautiful looking camera.
Old May 10, 2012, 4:10 PM   #9

By the time I save enough to buy it, Olympus will be releasing the OM-D 300...LOL

Tullio
Tullio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2012, 7:34 PM   #10

Got the call today

I'm getting tomorrow!

(They told me that I should get it before Christmas ... )

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote