Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Jun 21, 2012, 2:35 PM   #21

Hi, Zig!

I fully expect to see you at some point, unless you have something come up that keeps us from meeting. I'm going to be there for 3 full days Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, August 5, 6 and 7, and it'll be all about photography for me.

Impressive-looking body. Looks really quite sexy with the black 25mm f1.4 Panasonic-Leica bolted on.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:06 PM   #22

Quote:
I told them to watch out if a bald guy showed up telling them he was Greg....
Mrs. Johnson knows me well enough to know I ain't you, but then she & I been friends so long that maybe cash + 15% would have cut a deal.

Too bad I've been out selecting counter granite with Bonnie, but that may just be my ticket to an EM-n of my own one day.

------------------
Quote:
he has a tendency to lose things
James, ask Greg if he was able to buy a new lens cap for his 75-300.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Jun 21, 2012 at 3:52 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:14 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
Mrs. Johnson knows me well enough to know I ain't you, but then she & I been friends so long that maybe cash + 15% would have cut a deal.

Too bad I've been out selecting counter granite with Bonnie, but that may just be my ticket to an EM-n of my own one day.

------------------
HAH!! Yes Bob, those trade offs work quite well...a new granite counter top for her and a new OM-D M5 for you. That'll work.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 3:43 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post

------------------
Ouch....

The replacement arrived today.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:38 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Chappell View Post
Hi, Zig!

I fully expect to see you at some point, unless you have something come up that keeps us from meeting. I'm going to be there for 3 full days Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, August 5, 6 and 7, and it'll be all about photography for me.

Impressive-looking body. Looks really quite sexy with the black 25mm f1.4 Panasonic-Leica bolted on.
I have those dates written in my calendar. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the weather will be 'picture' perfect as I've got a lot to show you when you get here.

Zig

So you want to be a better photographer? Open your eyes and take a look at what is all around you.
zig-123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 4:46 PM   #26

Those shrimp/crab boat docks would make great pictures with all those colorful structures around there.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:02 PM   #27

Wow, sounds good Greg, I'm glad you are getting that camera. So far, everyone has said it is a real winner.
Steven R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:07 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven R View Post
Wow, sounds good Greg, I'm glad you are getting that camera. So far, everyone has said it is a real winner.
It must be, Steve. Hard to find one in stock anywhere....not that I'm looking for one and by the time I could swing that, everyone should have them. I'm pretty happy with the E-PL2, it does everything I want it to do and from what I can see, the quality of the lens is the only thing that keeps you from getting nice sharp pictures.
Old Jun 21, 2012, 6:51 PM   #29

Our camera store has sold the 12 that he has received (in lots of ones and two's....just trickling in) and was saying to me yesterday that he could have sold four times that many if he had had the stock.

Another store are backed up with pre-orders and any that come through go straight to fulfill those orders thus none on shelf.

I would imagine Australia would be reasonably low on the totem pole given our distance and population.

Leeston

E-3 14-42mm 18-180mm, 70-300mm
Leeston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2012, 9:37 PM   #30

Quote:
.........reminds me of a window display I once saw in Hollywood, Calif

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote