Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:00 PM   #1

Default ....right before the rain

there was the Friday gathering at the parking lot on Little Road.

With the impending rain about to happen it was a good opportunity to catch some interesting light contrast which usually only consists of very harsh late day sun.

I had intended to do a 35mm MACRO run through shooting only small details but instead bolted on the FT 9-18 and did the usual stance photos but of some different cars that came in.

I find the FT 9-18 is a remarkably good lens for the E-P3 and for me the size/balance is perfect, the AF is 'good', it fits very well for how I use it.

........again shooting in 'M' mode with ISO locked to 200 for these

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 19, 2012 at 8:36 AM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 18, 2012, 11:00 PM   #2

I love #3 !

Gears: OM-D E-M5 Mark II and E-M1 MK 1 with 14-150mm Mark II, 12-40mm f2.8, 15mm f8 cap lens, 60mm Macro, 75-300mm, Olympus Trinity -> 25/45/75mm f1.8. On the 4/3 side: 9-18mm and 50-200SWD with the MMF-2 4/3 adapter, FL-36R and FL-50. Also Rokinon mFT 7.5mm f3.5 Fisheye, Pentax 50mm f1.7 with K to m4/3 adapter, Olympus OM 200mm with OM to m4/3 adapter.
folob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:32 AM   #3

....my first intention was to look for and photograph details, the '57 ornament has always been a favorite to me and this one really stood out, thanks for the comment, I like it too.

My intention was to do mostly details such as the '57 hood piece and I did do a few but when the cloud cover turned to stormy it provided nice background and light right before the rain started so it was back to the cars......... I'll do the detail fun next week.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Aug 20, 2012, 9:59 AM   #4

I like these shots and the light kept away all the usual reflections that can show up when shooting a freshly waxed car.

I like the green and black hot rods, you managed to capture the stance in such a way that they look fast just sitting there!

Looking at the green one I am surprised to see the tow hitch on the back... what would you tow with it? I am guessing it is there more to allow the car to be pulled then having the car pull something...

and the Maserati is hungry... om nom nom... what a mouth on the front of that thing!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 2:13 PM   #5

Nice color and sharpness Bob. I like the air scoop on the green hot rod. At first I thought it was a 671 blower but no belt.
Old Aug 23, 2012, 1:17 PM   #6

I'm confused -- the black bucket T with a bowtie rear window? A ford comin' and a chev goin'...
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 3:47 PM   #7

....both the black and green Ford rods have Chevy 454 engines

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:21 PM   #8

The red Bel Air-type Chevy's are simply my favorite classics. Beautiful cars.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2012, 4:30 PM   #9

I don't get excited on the '57, for me I like the '55 best of the Chevy's from the 50's & 60s, although I did have a '59 4-door vista hardtop that I liked a lot, it was white with the baby blue interior.

BTW the '57 in the photo is not a Bel Air but is a 150, it is a really nice car.

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 23, 2012 at 4:32 PM.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:47 AM   #10

I didn't think it was really a Bel Air, that's why I used the term Bel Air-type. The body style is similar to the Bel Air, but it looked a little "plain" compared to the Bel Air's I've seen. Thanks for confirming.

I want to say I have seen it mentioned the "150" is a somewhat hard to find model today. I have a '55 model from the Franklin Mint, the convertible, in my office that was dad's.

BTW, I was over at the Fort Worth Botanical Gardens this past Saturday, took I20 home and had to stop at Fuzzy's for lunch. Love those enchiladas!

Greg
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote