Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Aug 27, 2012, 8:30 PM   #1

Default .....super busy week but got to the parking lot for

a few shots Friday evening, it was a good turn out with some different cars. The shorter days (late sun) is presenting some challenges; lots of thumb-rolling but 'manual' was still my exposure function of choice.

Again the E-P3 & FT 9-18, love this combination.

........my favorite color of the night

color match, Whataburger & Hooters

....just rolled in

......stopped by the bank on the way

....this Eldorado saw most of its show time in Huntington Beach, CA. I know its new owner, he has some nice cars and lives around the corner from us, a neighbor.

1956 Chevy NOMAD, a GoodGuys awards winner, this one is top-line show and that red/black '39 Pontiac is nice too.

....color of the the night seemed was RED!

......and vividly more RED!

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com

Last edited by boBBrennan; Aug 28, 2012 at 11:22 PM.
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 27, 2012, 9:04 PM   #2

The lines on that first car are sweet. Looks a lot like a car my dad restored back in the 80's, but his had one of those add-on exterior visors so many had added, and this one looks a little older. His was a 1950. That's a different color too. I like it.

Where's the Hooters girl that had to come with that car?
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 9:21 AM   #3

Greg, i don't know Mercury cars very well, I think this one is a '49-'52 (I did not check it out but for the walk by photo) and the Ford gal....... probably where the sign is over the front fender, I already had checked at Whataburger, not there (lol).

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 28, 2012, 10:09 PM   #4

I like the results with your 9-18mm, the shots are nice and wide to getting on verge of "distortingly" wide, just what you would want for the tail fins on some of these cars. Like the Eldorado.
My brother had a 55 chevy half ton at one point -- had those wonderful headlight mounts minus the chrome you see on the 56 Nomad. It was a nice looing pickup - beat up as it was - but had a losey gas gauge. Lost all of its charm when we ran out of gas in the winter at 2 in the morning - 40 miles one way, 50 the other to get gas.
KulaCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:16 AM   #5

That sure looks like a nice lens, very sharp, nice color, etc.