Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Sep 3, 2012, 10:43 PM   #1

Default With summer closing down the flowers and butterflies are about to disappear

....so I took the P3 & FT 70-300 along when I had an errand to one of our parks office Wednesday last. HOT!!! and bright.

Anyway I managed a couple snaps of something other than hot rods and resto-mod cars.

For these I used the FT 70-300 in 'M' exposure mode.

......then Friday evening I stopped by the 'lot' and found this really nice Fore 5-window coupe,
RIGHT BEFORE Bonnie called telling me the air conditioner at the house had stopped. I hurried home and got a mechanic out
right away to fix that unexpected gotcha, the fan moto-start capacitor at the compressor, amazing how much a $10 part costs!

This with the E-P3 and FT 9-18 @ manual exposure mode

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:14 PM   #2

Yep, it's amazing how much those $10 a/c parts can cost! I certainly empathize with the situation, thinking back to earlier this summer when I had no a/c for 4 days.

I really like that 9-18 shot into the sun. Great flare-resistance shown by the lens.

Did you use the EX25 for any of those closeups? I know the 70-300 can get down to 1/2 life-size, but that 4th image is getting REALLY close.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2012, 11:41 PM   #3

Greg, I was hoping for some butterflies at River Legacy so did not mount the EX-25; turns out I only saw a couple butterflies. I am so pleased with how the 70-300 and 9-18 work with my P3, both focus quite close and those times when AF stutters don't bother me, it isn't often.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 10, 2012, 1:40 PM   #4

Great color and sharpness. Is that an Oly 9-18mm?
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:42 PM   #5

Yep, the four-thirds model, used with the micro adapter.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote