Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Oct 2, 2012, 8:05 PM   #1

Default Olympus Zuiko 25mm f2.8 FT

Lucky to be trying this lens out this morning was still cloudy - we've been unfortunately rained in for a while, good for the water table, which is low, but not so good for photography.

this was one of those hmm let's take that shot cause framing is interesting.. f2.8 no time to explore the trail...

PA025455_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

some leaves also at f2.8 .. good color imho

PA025450_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

f8

PA025473_2 by ramcewan, on Flickr

finally a multi-shot stitch panoramic I have to say I like

PA025466_stitch by ramcewan, on Flickr
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 2, 2012, 10:19 PM   #2

You've got some beautiful color there to work with. It'll probably be a few more weeks before anything starts changing down here......and it won't look like that
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2012, 4:19 PM   #3

Default Nice pic's!

Nice pic's! I just purchased a used 45mm f/1.8 Oly for my OM-D, looking forward to getting it- getting out and trying it!
Wish I had that New England-like scenery to wander through with camera in hand!! We don't get the same thing down here in NE Florida...
Wes
Wes James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2012, 6:05 PM   #4

RA, great color and comp in these.

Greg said what I would have said. I was out today for a short bit at the lake, DRAB! DRAB!

We have no real color, none of our trees change color; it is why we shoot so many flowers and butterflies during spring & summer.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2012, 8:19 AM   #5

Thanks guys! New England is a special place especially in the fall... when it's not raining, which it has been for last couple of days hoping for a break tomorrow and getting a chance to get back out. We had a really nice summer that started early with lots of sunshine and just enough rain and it looks to be a good year for foliage as long as we don't loose too much to wind and rain.
Old Oct 6, 2012, 11:35 AM   #6

a quick post.. been shooting alot since the rains stopped yesterday and I took a bunch of shots but it was very foggy as is evidenced by this panoramic stitch;

PA055952_stitch2 by ramcewan, on Flickr

a tree in a park I just stopped by for the first time yesterday morning, this was picked out of a bracketed set and post processed a little bit

PA055766_2 by ramcewan, on Flickr

same photo hdr of a 5 shot bracket

PA055768_hdr1_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

today I got back out to the same spot and it was obviously much nicer light but the wind is moving pretty good today and knocking alot of leaves off as evidenced by the flags in the background

PA066072_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr
Old Oct 6, 2012, 2:02 PM   #7

.....ahhhh, the wind! The only time in my life when I actually got to see tree foliage as it changed was when I lived in NW Ontario, Can. Being on the lake and in the bush everyday, all day if it changed I got to see it. Now, miss a morning and it might be gone the next time I see it.

I like your photos here, perhaps a bit brighter but overall I really like seeing these in the early day mist/fog. Good job capturing the serenity.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 6, 2012, 9:24 PM   #8

You know, I wish we had more foggy weather down here. I think it's pretty cool to be shooting in. I had a ball a couple of days in San Francisco shooting along the coast with the fog rolling in from the sea. I like these you shot in the fog, but the last one where the weather cleared is pretty darn nice, too.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2012, 12:22 PM   #9

All that's missing on the one foggy shot is a few grave stones. Very nice.
Old Oct 7, 2012, 1:07 PM   #10

thanks everyone.

Bob - it is one of those spectacular things that, like the lilacs blooming every may comes and goes within such a short order that it can easily be ruined by bad weather. Ideally you want the leaves from the first trees to turn (maples and birches) to still be on the trees when the leaves start (oaks and beeches) to turn on the last trees to turn which gives you the full spectrum of color. Seeing a good year makes you want every year to be that good and appreciate what you get when it is there.

Greg - ah that west coast scenery is stunning - I was out in wine country in 2008 and got up around Jenner-by-the-Sea for a sunset dinner at a nice restaurant on the shore where the Russian river ends.

I took about 500 shots on that foggy friday morning, ended up a little late to work and with wet feet which didn't feel so great but these are the things we do for our hobby and as Bob points out the foliage is here today gone tomorrow.

since everyone likes the foggy shots I worked some more on those sets today;

this is that tree taken from the other direction;

PA055617_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

HDR version from a 5 shot bracket

PA055617_18_20_21_tonemapped by ramcewan, on Flickr

this spot was really foggy but the color was spectacular

PA055886_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

foggy mornings bring things into focus that otherwise go unseen

PA055954_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

PA055491_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

of course I will show what the background shot was, which is what brought me to take the web shot. I'm considering trying to focus stack the two shots... hmm wonder if it would work?

PA055494_1 by ramcewan, on Flickr

one more HDR - a little overblown - I did something to the camera at this point where I had put additional exposure bias on and never got the 0 offset shot, in this case the sum of the exposures was the only thing worth keeping with each individual exposure being too far over or under to be saved.

PA055698_699_700_701_tonemapped by ramcewan, on Flickr