Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital SLR and Interchangeable Lens Cameras > Olympus Micro Four Thirds

Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:22 AM   #11

As silly as it sounds I'm kind of emotionally attached to the E-PL2, so even if money wasn't an object (it is) I'd still keep it quite a while.
SammyKhalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 10:30 AM   #12

Sammy, I feel the same about all my cameras...... I am certainly keeping my E-P3.

.......he likes Olympus, Apple MAC & SmugMug best of the choices; he likes that he has choices

boBBrennan.smugmug.com
boBBrennan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2012, 12:11 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyKhalifa View Post
As silly as it sounds I'm kind of emotionally attached to the E-PL2, so even if money wasn't an object (it is) I'd still keep it quite a while.
I know what you mean... I still keep my motorola droid 1 because I love that device. I can only imagine that I will keep the E-PL2 as a backup or maybe hand it off to my daughter or wife if they want it.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 3:48 AM   #14

The E-M5 also has Live Bulb (I wouldn't give it up now) & Live Time, and the ability to combine pictures in-camera.

Do either of the new PENs have those features?
Mikefellh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 13, 2012, 9:49 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by boBBrennan View Post
The little-bitty tick-turd that snaps the VF-2 closed, it ain't there no more, snapped away, gone, now the VF-2 moves up-n-down freely and I must constantly be aware of that too, plus the rubber band 'keep-it-attached' garbenstangel.
Oh man, how did I just see this. I had to laugh when I saw this description this morning... .

Mind you, not laughing at your predicament. That really is a pain in the arse. I have noticed the locking stub does seem to "wear in" over time and does not lock quite as securely a couple of years in as when new. The stub isn't exactly located in a place where something might knock it off. It must have just fallen off when you flipped the finder up one time.

One thing I will say regarding using the VF-2 compared to the E-M5 with it's built-in finder, when I switch back to the E-P3+VF2 after using the E-M5, the finder window of the VF-2 is way higher in profile compared to the built-in finder in the E-M5. The Pen is actually a much higher profile with the VF2 compared to the E-M5, When I use the Think Tank Retrospective 5 bag, I place the body+lens face-down in the center section and the E-M5 fits much nicer in that section than the E-P3+VF2. When Katherine and I travelled to Paris and we were going through airport security and I was cramming the bag down under the seat in front of me and taking it out to get to "stuff", the VF-2 came completely out of the hot shoe a couple of times and was loose in the bag. I was probably lucky it didn't just fall out of the bag since the Retro 5 bag is not "sealed" when closed.

Last edited by Greg Chappell; Nov 13, 2012 at 9:56 AM.
Greg Chappell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2012, 10:35 PM   #16

Just saw a Olympus pen commercial showing a young mother using the e-pm2 with kit lens. They played up the touch to focus and fire ease of use big time as well as the speed of af. Then they switched to the husband and mentioned the iq and the ability to send directly to the talblet he was holding. Olympus teamed up with toshiba to offer a free 8gb flash air card with the new pens to further sweeten the deal. (unfortunately it is only class 6 but for most that will be fine)

I think this pitch is really good for the pens and really well targeted. Adding the easy wifi transfer really helps check a box that is rapidly becoming a standard for all cameras this season. Samsung and now even Nikon are both show casing it in their tv spots.